Recent content by BethAtTheHug

  1. BethAtTheHug

    Walking my dog Skye

    Thursday 8th October A wander in the woods at Contin this morning before the rain. Met one of the MTB trail maintainers I haven't seen for ages. His spanner has retired from running with him but had a friend along with his lovely 10 month old border collie :love: rx 02323 20261008 rx...
  2. BethAtTheHug

    Walking my dog Skye

    Thanks, I like that spot, it's hard to take a really naff photo there but I try :)
  3. BethAtTheHug

    Walking my dog Skye

    Saturday 3rd October The weather forecast for Saturday wasn't looking great but I needed a change of scenery. We had an overnight in the van and headed for the Red Hut. Whilst we were amongst the trees the wind was quite reasonable but over the high point before dropping down to the gorge the...
  4. BethAtTheHug

    Walking my dog Skye

    Tuesday 29th September A wander round Contin woods in the sunshine rx 02254 20260929 rx 02263 20260929
  5. BethAtTheHug

    Walking my dog Skye

    Sunday 13th September I fancied going up to Meall a' Ghiuthais above the Beinn Eighe Mountain Trail. Without any breeze at all the midges were absolutely horrendous, I put some Smidge on and although it didn't affect my lungs, after a while I just could not generate any oomph. Definitely some...
  6. BethAtTheHug

    Walking my dog Skye

    Wednesday 2nd September We had a walk at both Contin and Glascarnoch. Contin was dry but a midge fest, Glascarnoch had a breeze but there were showers around. Luckily we'd just got back to the van before the heavens opened for a downpour. Pink flowering Ling heather still hanging on a7c06600...
  7. BethAtTheHug

    Fostair Asthma Control?

    My asthma is recently back having gone away after the first covid vaccinations. Used to be on Flixotide and Ventolin Evohalers (much better for the environment than cheap generic green house gas ones) which were effective and didn't routinely give me the shakes. Now on Symbicort which is a...
  8. BethAtTheHug

    Walking my dog Skye

    Oops. That was approaching Fionn Loch. This one is approaching Loch an Eilean! a7c06163 20260825
  9. BethAtTheHug

    Walking my dog Skye

    We shouldn't mention the weather just in case it hears!... I keep thinking I need some more new walks, investigate some more tracks, but my energy recently has been lacking. Not helped by being allergic to Smidge. It screws my lungs, so back on the asthma inhalers. Sigh. This week feels like...
  10. BethAtTheHug

    Walking my dog Skye

    Tuesday 25th August A day out in the sunshine! We walked to the Jetty on Fionn Loch which the estate uses for fishing boats and ferrying people to Carnmore lodge at the eastern end of the loch. It's a pleasant 20km, 300 metres of ascent on easy tracks. A quick snap a7c06097 20260825...
  11. BethAtTheHug

    Walking my dog Skye

    Sunday 23rd August Despite the mizzle and heavier squalls that rolled in, it was a good walk to the stepping stones across the Abhainn Loch na h-Oidhche. I didn't think we'd get across due to overnight rain and general wetness lately, Sure enough the lower stones were covered by rushing water...
  12. BethAtTheHug

    Walking my dog Skye

    Thursday 20th August A visit to Contin Woods to blow the cobwebs away. Surprisingly it kept dry while we went round, and then a load of heavy showers swept in. a7c05767 20260820 a7c05796 20260820
  13. BethAtTheHug

    Walking my dog Skye

    Sunday 16th August Bit of a 'route march' across Glascarnoch dam and along to the Vaich Hydro Power Station. It was damp, little to no breeze and midgy so we had to keep walking. rx 01890 20260816 rx 01919 20260816 I'm not sure what this is first thought was a sparrowhawk rx 01935 20260816
  14. BethAtTheHug

    Walking my dog Skye

    Friday 14th August A visit to Contin. Keep an eye on approaching people with a black and white lurcher / spaniel cross. rx 01878 20260814
  15. BethAtTheHug

    Walking my dog Skye

    Monday 10th August A nice cool day for a long walk... except I didn't as the evening before I found a bunch of coos and calves on the track to the Heights of Kinlochewe. Not risking taking a dog anywhere near them so we headed for the Beinn Eighe NNR Mountain Trail. It's also reliable so soon...
Back
Top