Recent content by cuthbert

  1. cuthbert

    All you old heads amateurs: do you stop with RAW?

    Raw for me, have my own recipes and process that I apply, tweak and evolve, and I do sometimes revisit and reprocess. I’ve got about 3tb of photos, i back up with a couple of rotating hdds, cost is minimal over the years. I have found revisiting very old raw files, like those out of a 5d2 with...
  2. cuthbert

    Challenge DPOTY26 - September Entries thread on: Macro/Close-Up

    Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Sparkling Pictures, on Flickr
  3. cuthbert

    The TP52 - 2026 Cuthbert's 52 for 2026

    Thank you everyone, But if a catchup Week 37 - Urban wildlife Last train home by Sparkling Pictures, on Flickr Week 38 - Portrait without a face The intruder by Sparkling Pictures, on Flickr
  4. cuthbert

    The TP52 - 2026 Post Your Images here - no comments please - Week 41 Story in a Single Frame

    Week 38 - Portrait without a face The intruder by Sparkling Pictures, on Flickr
  5. cuthbert

    The TP52 - 2026 Post Your Images here - no comments please - Week 41 Story in a Single Frame

    Week 37 - Urban wildlife Last train home by Sparkling Pictures, on Flickr
  6. cuthbert

    Minimalism..?

    I love minimalism. There is something very satisfying about communicating something with the absolute bare minimum of elements. It takes a certain type of confidence to do it, but I love it as an artistic movement.
  7. cuthbert

    Crappy Digital Cameras having their moment

    I think in fairness, part of the appeal is how smartphones do so much post processing and AI enhancement that modern phones output horrible, HDRish, smudgy characterless images… and what’s driving the sales is a nostalgia- eg the childhood photos of the people buying these was taken with those...
  8. cuthbert

    The TP52 - 2026 Cuthbert's 52 for 2026

    Thank you guys as always! That picture was taken in Cambridge, outside the anchor pub which is next to the river cam (just opposite mathematical bridge), late afternoon, on a Saturday… I can tell you, there was a lot of tomfoolery, think there was a wedding party getting ready for punting, they...
  9. cuthbert

    The TP52 - 2026 Post Your Images here - no comments please - Week 41 Story in a Single Frame

    Week 36 - One street, many stories Beer Belly by Sparkling Pictures, on Flickr
  10. cuthbert

    The TP52 - 2026 Cuthbert's 52 for 2026

    Thank you again everyone! Week 36 - One street, many stories Beer Belly by Sparkling Pictures, on Flickr
  11. cuthbert

    How do you practise spotting better compositions?

    The short answer is all of your ideas help. I think a good way to develop your own style is to try and decode what makes you look at an image somebody else has taken, what makes you like it or makes it feel good and then apply it to something you take. Eg position of elements in the frame...
  12. cuthbert

    Forbidden photos

    Yeah, sadly, due to the behaviour of some men, men generally are assumed to be perverts or deviants if they do anything that is perceived or interpreted as having any kind of sexual motivation… and pointing a massive camera and lens at somebody elses child definitely falls into that category...
  13. cuthbert

    Beginner Shutter count, will it matter.

    100% I also take the view that by the time it does break, you’ll either be in the market for a new camera anyway, or secondhand excellent/good condition models will be readily available I’ll also be honest say I’ve never checked the shutter counts on any camera I own
  14. cuthbert

    The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

    Thank you David - some food for thought. I see a lot of output from the Ricoh GR that I really like - but I agree, the lack of a proper viewfinder... I'd struggle with it. Even though I've got articulating screens on my main cams, I still get myself dirty looking through the viewfinder...
  15. cuthbert

    The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

    I’ve been debating an x100vi for a while, but the price bump got me doubting myself.., I just don’t think it’s worth best part of £1900, especially when you can get a canon r5 for the same, I know it’s not like for like, but one is an absolute beast and the other is a compromise. Out of...
Back
Top