Recent content by LongLensPhotography

  1. LongLensPhotography

    Very similar Adobe alternatives, the *Craft apps

    This has a good chance of working to a good extent. Replicating firefly functionality is where it will almost certainly get stuck. If you want that is a different question. Adobe should now not sleep at the wheel, and while it already feels like they are vibe coding the latest version of their...
  2. LongLensPhotography

    I want a lighter tripod ...or do I

    I never managed to get anywhere near the desired effect
  3. LongLensPhotography

    I want a lighter tripod ...or do I

    Lightweight tripod is commonly the reason for regret, mostly during image processing, but sometimes a lot worse. You are not dealing with stainless steel setup, it is not that bad. Just the thought of taking my c stand out anywhere does freak me out
  4. LongLensPhotography

    Adobe Creative Cloud

    It is worth asking the support about that. be careful with not activating for too longer, or I believe longer than 30d specifically. Check the wording carefully. my one runs out in late March - where do I go with that?
  5. LongLensPhotography

    Adobe Creative Cloud

    No photoshop. Waste
  6. LongLensPhotography

    full system disk drive on windows? Check this out first

    Adobe, Resolve and others love to dump their dumps and just leave the dump right there on your drive accumulating, so you may think you need to upgrade to a larger one. Luckily you can just delete all that dump to recover space. I am using windirstat to find the offending waste. Claude code...
  7. LongLensPhotography

    Canon EOS R Series Cameras

    No, r5 ii demands primes. Glad you finally noticed
  8. LongLensPhotography

    Canon EF 70-200

    Since I have some experience with this here are a few pointers: 1. animal eye af on. I am sure you already do this. 2. avoid backlight for dark / black dogs. Try not to work around dusk either. 2-3 hours to sunset gives nice crisp sunlight. 3. electronic shutter, disable all lens...
  9. LongLensPhotography

    Fuel costs

    The collapse in print sales have already done that for me a while ago. I go when there is clients work nearby, i need to collect my water or something else. Audi a6 us also terribly uncomfortable
  10. LongLensPhotography

    Upgrading from Sigma 150-600mm contemporary to Canon RF 200-800mm

    Even f5.6 massively hampers af in low light on r6, not just some old dslr. I cant imagine what f9 would do at dusk... Accuracy goes out of the window first, so sharpness will take a further hit. One for bright light safaris. Nikon, sigma and now sony all have decent options. Not fast but not...
  11. LongLensPhotography

    New Laptop

    Maybe you will feel better, or maybe worse - at the moment the floor of a decent new laptop is a macbook pro 16" that lands around £3500. Just make it through to 2028 or so and there might be better choice for the money, or just raise £££££ doing whatever influencer junk you can get your head...
  12. LongLensPhotography

    Latest LR update thumbs down

    LRC/Win11 > Ps 27.9.1 works just fine. Maybe you are on 27.10 which is totally f***ed up
  13. LongLensPhotography

    Monetising photos vs videos in public

    Put it through claude /legal-review or similar if you must or call a lawyer but i am sure there is zero difference. The difference is content overload and chances of lawsuit in a advertisment, website front page (both video and stills) vs hours and hours of blogs with some paid add placement.
  14. LongLensPhotography

    Mac o/s 27 printing

    I think going forward I will be buying hardware that specifically works with linux or generic drivers. I don't want my tools obsoleted by 3rd party software update again!
  15. LongLensPhotography

    Mac o/s 27 printing

    windows now has a thing about mandating certain signed and certified drivers. Better hope yours are and remain on that list. I am not so lucky!
Back
Top