Recent content by myotis

  1. myotis

    First foray into Lightroom Classic - mystery?

    In the "File Handling" options on the right hand side of the import screen you probably have the "Embedded and Sidecar" build preview option setting selected. Adobe added this at one time to speed up being able to begin culling by letting you view the embedded preview while it builds the proper...
  2. myotis

    All you old heads amateurs: do you stop with RAW?

    For me, I find it very difficult to turn the raw files into matching what I saw, but I can still get much closer using a RAW file than I can with the SOOC JPEG.
  3. myotis

    All you old heads amateurs: do you stop with RAW?

    A technical example of having raw files available to revisit is the improvement in noise reduction tools over the years; the best of which only works on raw files.
  4. myotis

    All you old heads amateurs: do you stop with RAW?

    I'm not looking for fantasy, but I am looking for prints that match the way I saw and felt about the subject, and SOOC jpegs just don't do it for me.
  5. myotis

    All you old heads amateurs: do you stop with RAW?

    They are still capable of giving more accurate results than SOOC JPEGs.
  6. myotis

    All you old heads amateurs: do you stop with RAW?

    I agree with @ancient_mariner and, for me, taking the photograph and processing the photograph are inseparable components of making a photograph, and I would be unwilling to give up the flexibility of using raw files. Probably, because I also come from the film days, and see the raw files as the...
  7. myotis

    New Affinity?

    Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear It was what you meant by v2 I was asking, not v3, where there is no ambiguity. There is only "one" Affinity v3, but there are "three" different Affinity v2s (as part of the Affinity graphics suite: Photo, Designer and Publisher), which Serif designed as an...
  8. myotis

    New Affinity?

    Just to clarify, do you mean the Serif Affinity v2 "graphics" suite (all three Affinity programs), or only Serif Affinity "Photo" v2. This will "significantly" change the answer to your question.
  9. myotis

    New Affinity?

    It's basically the three Serif Affinity programs (including Photo 2) bundled into a single package, which was Serifs intention from the outset, Plus from new features added by Canva. For all "pure" photographers, it's probably an overkill (unless you routinely use Photoshop), but if you want to...
  10. myotis

    New Affinity?

    Not with Affinity, but Capture One has recently added the ability for masks created in C1 to be round-tripped as layers in Photoshop, so the possibility is probably there for DXO to do something similar with Affinity. C1 has also added the ability to round-trip native Affinity files, but not...
  11. myotis

    New Affinity?

    All of his books I've bought have been Mac based, but he has always explained any differences between the two OSs. As it's a long time since I've seriously used Windows I don't know how well he does this, but in the intro to this book, he says there is very little difference in the interfaces...
  12. myotis

    New Affinity?

    I'm only half following the Affinity story, but are people aware of Robin Whalley's introduction to Affinity 3. https://lenscraft.co.uk/project/essential-affinity-3-book/ I've had a few of his books over the years and found them to be very good. This is a replacement for his previous Affinity...
  13. myotis

    Printing Software conundrum

    Have you seen this? It's the old Affinity Photo, but Canva Affinity, as far as I aware, has the same or greater capability than the old Affinity Photo https://lenscraft.co.uk/photo-editing-tutorials/affinity-photo-printing-for-photographers/ That apart, like others, I have used QImage for...
  14. myotis

    Minimalism..?

    It's always been time to accept this. But opinions based on evidence and expertise, for me, carry more weight than those that don't.
  15. myotis

    Minimalism..?

    This is a ludicrous interpretation of what I have been saying, and there is no point in trying to rebut it, as I would just be repeating my earlier posts, which you have clearly misunderstood.. Time to move on from this, I think.
Back
Top