Recent content by nx4737

  1. N

    Fuel costs

    That's one step up from getting one of these, the original EV!
  2. N

    Fuel costs

    Doesn't bother me, I only ever put £30 in... Sorry, it wouldn't be a conversation about fuel prices without someone getting the joke in. :cool:
  3. N

    Crappy Digital Cameras having their moment

    Put it on TikTok and mention something about film recopies and it'll fly off the shelves! "OMG Guys I found this X100VI killer!!!11!!!"
  4. N

    Crappy Digital Cameras having their moment

    It seems B&M are trying to get in on the action! Spotted this in my local store this afternoon, I think £20 might be asking a bit much though and I expect they will be reduced after Christmas, I might pick one up then just out of curiosity...
  5. N

    Crappy Digital Cameras having their moment

    Have I missed the film camera phase then? Was thinking of putting the Minolta SLR I have in the cupboard upstairs on eBay...
  6. N

    AM:PM (or Before work/After work)

    It's a really good idea. I'd like to do something similar, unfortunately, I commute from a small town to my office in an even smaller town where walking around at 7am with a camera would probably result in me ending up in all the local Facebook gossip groups!
  7. N

    AM:PM (or Before work/After work)

    Glad I opened this thread, there is some top quality work here, well done. Giving me some real inspiration.
  8. N

    Beginner Shutter count, will it matter.

    No idea, good question though... My last few cameras have all been used gear from MPB, I've never actually checked the shutter counts until it comes to selling them on, the way I see it, there is a bigger chance of me breaking the camera through general clumsiness than the shutter failing on me.
  9. N

    Beginner Shutter count, will it matter.

    On a similar note, how important is shutter count on mirrorless cameras, given the smaller number of moving components.
  10. N

    The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

    Yeah, there is just something about the X-H1 that works for me, it's not overloaded with manual dials and has modern features like the top facing screen, but the size and weight are something that can't be ignored, despite the shape being perfect in the hand. I'm thinking of keeping an eye out...
  11. N

    The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

    How noticeable is the size difference between the two? Every so often I consider trading the X-H1 in for an X-T4 to save weight but not convinced it'll actually be worth it.
  12. N

    The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

    I've just parted with my X100F, I had it for almost 2 years and as much as I wanted to love it, and at times really did enjoy using it, I just couldn't gel with it, AF was a bit too slow at times and I found the dials a bit too fiddly... I did like the 23mm focal length though, so picked up a...
  13. N

    The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

    Question time, have any of you used the XC 15-45 and what are your thoughts on it? I've not been enjoying zooms recently and have slowly been transitioning to prime lenses, all I have left is my XF 18-55 f2.8-4 which I usually use when we're going away on holiday just for convenience, but the...
  14. N

    The GAS confessional - all who suffer are welcome. :)

    Really been enjoying primes recently, so decided to part with all but one of my Fuji zoom lenses, in their place, I have picked up the Fuji 23mm f2.8 and Viltrox 85mm f1.8 from MPB, really looking forward to giving these a go over the weekend. That said, I didn't appreciate how big and heavy...
  15. N

    What makes you keep a camera long term?

    I have an X-H1 and agree with you here, I had an X-T20 for 5 years which was great but as much as I loved the small size, it was a bit too fiddly resulting in missed shots, the X-H1 is the ideal size. 24Mp is more than enough, IQ is more than good enough, it's built like a tank and has more...
Back
Top