Recent content by Peter B

  1. Peter B

    Film Photographer of the Year 2026 - Discussion Thread

    Really sorry to hear that Kevin, as I always look forward to your posts. You were very helpful in suggesting locations in Northumberland for me in the spring, so possibly revisiting a few of your own personal favourite locations might get the creative juices flowing again? I certainly hope so!
  2. Peter B

    Show us yer film shots then!

    It's a shame he can't read! Pittencrieff Park, Fife. Olympus mju11, Delta 100, Xtol 1+1 Forever hopeful .... by Northsnapper, on Flickr
  3. Peter B

    Minimalism..?

    I liked this shot, but nobody else did! View: http://flic.kr/p/9EkZ3a
  4. Peter B

    Show us yer film shots then!

    A couple from a recent stay at Pitlochry. Nikon F80, Tamron 28-75, yellow filter, Delta 100 in Xtol 1+1 #1 View of the River Tummel downstream of the dam. #2 View of the dam from the cafe at the Dam Visitor Centre (recommended!) #3 The Festival Theatre
  5. Peter B

    Film Photographer of the Year 2026 - September Entries - Naturally Formed

    Needle's Eye Rock, Tarlair, Aberdeenshire is an arch eroded in metamorphosed Dalradian sandstone, apparently formed from sediments deposited in the sea some 600 million years ago. Nikon F80, Tamron 28-75mm, yellow filter, Ilford Delta 100 in Xtol 1+1.
  6. Peter B

    Film Photographer of the Year 2026 - August Entries - A Grand Day Out

    Hi Chris, have you possibly missed Cluster's entry?
  7. Peter B

    Subject Matter

    A nice waterfall might be appropriate in helping matters along ;)
  8. Peter B

    New Old Film Challenge #276 'Inflatable' - POLL ADDED (FINALLY!!!)

    I think you mean @PeterSpencer rather than me Nige, so congrats to him and Brian :)
  9. Peter B

    Picture Frames

    Are you not proposing to use a matt then, as that can help with choosing the frame colour?
  10. Peter B

    Competition 2026 Wildlife / Birds / MacroCompetition Entries Thread

    I visited Loch of the Lowes, Dunkeld, last week, but missed the last osprey by 2 days. This female mallard had clearly been studying this fish eating malarkey though, but really should have started on something smaller by the looks of it. #1 Mallard with fish #1 by Northsnapper, on Flickr #2...
  11. Peter B

    Film Photographer of the Year 2026 - August Entries - A Grand Day Out

    Replica of Puffing Billy (the world's oldest surviving locomotive) on the Pockerley Waggonway at Beamish Museum, where it's always a grand day out. Olympus mju11, Ilford Delta100, Xtol 1+1.
  12. Peter B

    Large Format and Vue Scan Workflow Support

    I've got Vuescan but actually prefer Epsonscan for LF on my V700. Worth a look if you have a copy?
  13. Peter B

    Vatersay beach scene

    Not sure about your colour balance issue, but I ordered a couple of prints on Fuji velvet paper when it was reduced recently. It may suit some shots, but just woeful for landscapes.
  14. Peter B

    Show us yer film shots then!

    I used to buy film from Mathers some years ago, but never recently. I'll maybe have a browse and see what their prices are like nowadays, although it's usually postage to the Highlands that kills a deal. :(
Back
Top