Recent content by RyanB

  1. RyanB

    100-400ii L Front Elements?

    Not sure if they are permanent but it's a very complicated lens to work on and as the fungus was very minor and on an outer edge so it doesn't affect IQ. I only paid £100 for it but sending it off to be properly repaired would probably make it as expensive as a mint version and would have no...
  2. RyanB

    100-400ii L Front Elements?

    The heat won't kill it but blasting it for a a while with UV or a week of bright sun should kill it and halt growth. It wont remove what's already there but it shouldn't get worse and potentially start etching the coatings while it awaits a cleaning. I picked up a UV lamp on a gooseneck/ clip...
  3. RyanB

    Suggestion for creating backdrop stand from two light stands

    Before I got a purpose made crossbar I used one of these. Found it in a charity shop for £1. The rings on the ends hooked into the top of the 2 lighting stands quite well. Curtain pole
  4. RyanB

    New Old Digital Challenge - Discussion Thread

    Not fair, I was going to say the same thing! :ROFLMAO: Well done to you as well Alby.
  5. RyanB

    100-400ii L Front Elements?

    Unless you live in a clean room the air around you is full of fungus spores, the problem is humidity and warmth in the bag after being out in bad weather. Your kit might 'look' dry but a little moisture in an enclosed space like a camera bag is all it takes for a random spore to take root. I...
  6. RyanB

    Mount board

    Do you want pre cut or whole sheets? For bulk pre cut orders I usually use iCanFrame. If I want whole A1/ A2 sheets to cut custom mounts myself I usually go for Amazon or whoever is cheapest online. (Sadly after delivery costs it's usually Amazon...)
  7. RyanB

    100-400ii L Front Elements?

    It looks like fungus to me, most probably on the inside of the front element if it isn't shifting when you try cleaning it off externally. Not sure I would personally try a disassembly and cleaning as alignment of modern lenses elements can very easily be ruined. From this pic it doesn't look...
  8. RyanB

    Beginner Shutter count, will it matter.

    Just checked and my 5DIII is now approaching 500K(479,058, it had 8K when I bought it) although you would never guess looking at it from the outside. Not my only body but by far my most used, fingers crossed both it and I make it to 1M...
  9. RyanB

    Help with this adapter.

    Looks like Pentax K mount to me
  10. RyanB

    Challenge New Old Digital Challenge #42: "Leisure" entries thread

    Cambridge Daydreaming 10/2021 Canon 5Diii w/ Sigma 70/2.8
  11. RyanB

    the eclipse

    It was made as a composite with the individual images as layers arranged in Photoshop. I used a Canon 600D with a Soviet era mirror lens (MTO 500/8) handheld with 5 stacked filters ND1000 + (2x) ND8 + ND128 + UV Settings were, ISO100, ss 1/1000, the lens is a fixed f8 and I used zoomed in live...
  12. RyanB

    the eclipse

    Thanks Jeremy, hardest part was finding it in the live view. I tried using a tripod at first but couldn't seem to zero in on the thing, the ball head drooping and reflections on the screen made it tough. Handheld was much easier in the end.
  13. RyanB

    the eclipse

    Some great results here, wish we had some cloud cover really adds to the shots. Well the large format lens worked to project the eclipse just fine although it was a bit bright on the card. I also used an old crop DSLR with a 500mm mirror lens with a ND1000+2x ND8+ ND128 and a UV filter...
  14. RyanB

    the eclipse

    Couldn't source any glasses so I decided to use an old 400mm large format lens to project onto white card, should make a much larger viewing image than the pinhole method. I shall see how it goes...
Back
Top