Recent content by srichards

  1. srichards

    101 ways to ruin a roll of film

    I tried the test Kentmere roll and that stuck again. Tried it twice. Loaded the electra that I fished out of the bin and and that rewound fine. I can only think either a) if you don't push the wind on lever quite far enough at the end of the roll it does something weird or b) if you nudge the...
  2. srichards

    101 ways to ruin a roll of film

    I didn't need to load another at all. I could have waited until it was dark and rescued it. Honestly if I had a brain I would be dangerous!
  3. srichards

    101 ways to ruin a roll of film

    Gone for the triple and also ruined a roll of Electra 100. It jammed on the rewind part way. I could feel it was a bit strange but I have had issues with weirder films before. Don't have a dark bag so couldn't really do anything other than open the back and just pull it out. Can't remember...
  4. srichards

    Show us yer film shots then!

    Did 2 rolls of Kodak Pro Image in 2 different cameras. Kodak Pro Image Dynax slr by Suzy Richards, on Flickr Kodak Pro Image Dynax slr by Suzy Richards, on Flickr Kodak Pro Image 100 HiMatic AF2 by Suzy Richards, on Flickr Kodak Pro Image 100 HiMatic AF2 by Suzy Richards, on Flickr
  5. srichards

    Show us yer film shots then!

    Another lot of scans. Only arrived with FilmDev on Monday! Last but one roll of the Tri-X - nope it was actually Agfa APX400. I am a total balloon. Canon Multi Tele & Expired Tri-X by Suzy Richards, on Flickr Canon Multi Tele & Expired Tri-X by Suzy Richards, on Flickr Canon Multi Tele &...
  6. srichards

    Is the Trip light meter prone to underexpose?

    I wouldn't throw it away. If it works on manual mode then it still does function it just takes a little more work. There is a freebies section so you could give it away as not working and someone will probably be able to make use of it or even mend it. Shame to let it go to the tip...
  7. srichards

    Is the Trip light meter prone to underexpose?

    Judging by the results of the fixed exposure test roll the meter is up the wazoo! Olympus Trip Expired Tri-X by Suzy Richards, on Flickr Olympus Trip Expired Tri-X by Suzy Richards, on Flickr
  8. srichards

    Show us yer film shots then!

    Kono colour original candy. Didn't like the results. Kono Original Candy Minolta Tele super by Suzy Richards, on Flickr Kono Original Candy Minolta Tele super by Suzy Richards, on Flickr Lucky colour 400 in the Snapic was much better. Lucky Colour 400 Kodak Snapic by Suzy Richards, on...
  9. srichards

    Show us yer film shots then!

    Stuck Trip in manual mode and lazily left it on f8. Olympus Trip Expired Tri-X by Suzy Richards, on Flickr Olympus Trip Expired Tri-X by Suzy Richards, on Flickr Olympus Trip Expired Tri-X by Suzy Richards, on Flickr Seems to have turned out better than trusting the meter. It was similar...
  10. srichards

    Film photography, expensive or not.

    It feels expensive sometimes. Have blasted through something crazy like 60 rolls since March. Lots of new films keep appearing so I am a kid in a sweet shop. Many were bought years ago so I am pruning the stash down. I was thinking about it the other day. Modest colour film used to be about...
  11. srichards

    Is the Trip light meter prone to underexpose?

    Oh. I didn't know that. I assumed it defaulted to 1/200 for some reason. Looks like the test roll of 400 Tri X at F8 I tried yesterday might not be up to much!
  12. srichards

    Is the Trip light meter prone to underexpose?

    I've used the same film in a lot of different cameras and none of them have shown the large variance in results doing the same types of scenes as the Trip. Apertures are all showing as different as I went through all of them. I can see it opening up wide at f2.8. Tried it in A mode and varied...
  13. srichards

    Is the Trip light meter prone to underexpose?

    It is locked on A and fires on not A.
  14. srichards

    Is the Trip light meter prone to underexpose?

    They are definitely worth using. I think it is possible to repair the meter. Manual settings or setting the iso to cope with how wrong it is what i will try next.
  15. srichards

    Is the Trip light meter prone to underexpose?

    Yep. It is always in auto as I am lazy!
Back
Top