Recent content by Steep

  1. Steep

    Why are people buying electric cars?

    In an EV tariff you should/could be getting about 3.5p per mile depending obvsly on how you drive and what rate to get from your supplier. I'm changing from E-on to EDF just now, dropping from 7.5p per kwh to just under 6p and with an hour extra per night (7 hours at the low rate) Averaging...
  2. Steep

    Bird Song

    Time of year? Birdsong is always more prevalent in Spring and early summer.
  3. Steep

    Why are people buying electric cars?

    That's just unforgivable!
  4. Steep

    Backup generators

    The important point is to first decide what you want it for, back up power while out camping for a day or two? then the smaller packs will be fine to run the phones lights maybe a hotplate for a few minutes. If you want some real power to run a pc, charge devices, maybe cook for possibly days...
  5. Steep

    The Official TP Funnies thread ( Jokes Memes etc )

    Why are they leaving?
  6. Steep

    Backup generators

    Never said they weren't ok, just very good at self promotion and charging for the name. Many folk very happy with their purchases.
  7. Steep

    Why are people buying electric cars?

    I'm not the one moaning about people disagreeing with me, that's you in case you forgot.
  8. Steep

    Why are people buying electric cars?

    Speaking of cost, I just had my 1st service done. I bought a service plan to cover the first 3 years including MOT for £550. I'm interested to hear what a similar ice price would be. My car is apparently a mid size SUV and Google says ice service plans can range from 500 to 1300 depending on the...
  9. Steep

    Why are people buying electric cars?

    I think this is pretty much spot on. EV's may not be perfect but they are (imo) better and without any doubt they are getting better in every way, range, price, environmental greenness if that's a word.
  10. Steep

    Why are people buying electric cars?

    That's in your head, but if you find the discussion or the participants tiresome why do you continue to engage? This is one thread out of many thousands on the forum. Personally when I find another member's attitude or actions that bad I mute them and get on with my life.
  11. Steep

    Backup generators

    I have an Ecoflow Delta 2 (new model out now) a small one mainly for using out in the field to keep the laptop running. Also a smaller Anker one which is much the same as the Jackery in that they give the impression that they are more powerful than they actually are, which you don't find out...
  12. Steep

    Backup generators

    You would probably be happy with a Jackery but the company are kind of like Bose, extremely good at self promotion. For long life and quality, better to go with Ecoflow if you can.
  13. Steep

    Why are people buying electric cars?

    I think for some at least the choice to buy EV is down to their car of choice 'not' looking like one. Much as I don't like the Stellantis model of basing their EVs on current ice versions, other people do. They see a Ford looking like a Ford and they like that.
Back
Top