Recent content by tikkathreebarrel

  1. tikkathreebarrel

    GMT watches. Does anyone wear one?

    Beware the watch nerd step between "office GMT" and "traveller GMT" watches. I use mine by setting the GMT/2nd timezone hand to my family living in US Mountain time zone. Of course I don't "need" it just like I don't "need" any given camera hahaha. The office and traveller difference? In a...
  2. tikkathreebarrel

    Fostair Asthma Control?

    I'm another who used to have "preventer" and a "reliever" inhalers. Maybe two years ago they moved me to a Symbicort Turbohaler which I have one or two puffs a day. Pill-wise I have daily Montelukast and Fexofenadrine. I'm sure (but lack scientific proof) that a change of lifestyle so I no...
  3. tikkathreebarrel

    Forbidden photos

    One of my grandchildren has been "shielded" from social meeja by his mother and actually grandpa didn't so much have a polite request about this but was delivered of a riot act. I tried to get an explanation of the parental thinking and was dismissed with "that's the way it is". The other...
  4. tikkathreebarrel

    Heat Alert

    Facebook: where everything is entirely true, except the things that aren't.
  5. tikkathreebarrel

    Heat Alert

    I have to say that I lived through 1976 and that long hot summer. The office where I worked at the time we'd play rounders in the local park at lunchtimes and then go back to work. I don't remember ever being told to stay home because my choc ice might melt. Seriously I take heart that most of...
  6. tikkathreebarrel

    Heat Alert

    Same here. I'm not welding this time of year, I lack the skills.
  7. tikkathreebarrel

    TTARTISAN Lens Inquiry

    I've got the 7mm F2.8 fisheye in Micro 43 mount from (or signed up as - I can't speak to the two brands are they one and the same?). Honestly in the hand it feels like any manual focus fisheye and for me the price encouraged me to pick one up and have a play. I'm more familiar with Canon full...
  8. tikkathreebarrel

    Glasses...

    You should ask the provider of your current specs and make a decision about what you want in the future. Usually a tint comes as a chargeable extra although AR coatings quite possibly come as part of your lens package depending on your provider. Without a doubt holding your lenses over a sheet...
  9. tikkathreebarrel

    Fostair Asthma Control?

    I spent years with two inhalers, preventer and reliever. Several years back we changed to one inhaler, the Symbicort Turbohaler and I've been happy with it since. The technology has moved from pressurised "blow it out" to non-pressurised "suck it out" so the technology has responded to the...
  10. tikkathreebarrel

    Batteries for Panasonic GX7, GX9, GX80 - DMW-BLE9 / DMW-BLG10: does anyone make a good one?

    I know the weather has gone a bit cold of late but all the same:mad: I know they're not what you'd call a big battery but flippin' 'eck:confused: So these are pre-owned batteries bought with pre-owned cameras and frankly, the power reserve is a disappointment to me: if I take a 4 mile two hour...
  11. tikkathreebarrel

    First time Restoring Cameras

    Cracking work sir! And though I'm probably not your next customer, do you sell your repaired cameras here or? If at EBay how do we find you?
  12. tikkathreebarrel

    Optician Appointment

    Having some years ago contacted my wife's opticians - she'd been with them only a few months but was very impressed by their professionalism - because I'd got a floater which was like a black lace hanky drifting round I was quickly assessed and pretty much sent immediately to the local hospital...
  13. tikkathreebarrel

    Help! IP banned

    me too!
  14. tikkathreebarrel

    Premium bonds winnings.

    The company chairlady with her full account won nowt this week, I got £175: I really must see how close my account is to being at the maximum. (It used to be full but I leaked some into the watch fund!)
  15. tikkathreebarrel

    Half Height Wellies Recommendations

    I fear that when it comes to wellies "cheapish" and "comfortable" are uncommon bedfellows unless you have very slender feet. My feet are almost as wide as they are long and cheapish wellies will invariably be narrowish. So I shop wellies like boots and shoes, for wide fit and I'm a long-term Le...
Back
Top