Recent content by VirtualAdept

  1. VirtualAdept

    The Valoi Easy 35 v2 camera scanning system

    My dumb self literally ready your post and thought "why would it be bigger?"
  2. VirtualAdept

    Fostair Asthma Control?

    Overall, yes, but as has also been posited, its a bit more green, environment wise
  3. VirtualAdept

    ID this film

    You know you want to... also, I'm a massive dork and saw the thread title and immediately thought "If you've no ID, you cant come in" from my days looking imposing in doorways
  4. VirtualAdept

    Show us yer film shots then!

    Velvia 50 by Madison S, on Flickr Some Velvia, also in Westward Ho!
  5. VirtualAdept

    Show us yer film shots then!

    Ektar030100003 by Madison S, on Flickr Little bit of Ektar 100 in Westward Ho! in Devon, using my RB67 (no, it was not fun clambering over the rocks with that bloody great camera)
  6. VirtualAdept

    Best place to get films processed and scanned.

    Just in case anyones about to send films to thefilmsafe.co.uk, they're having issues with their c41 machine and its knocked processing back by a week or two
  7. VirtualAdept

    WAMT....what annoyed me today!

    Took my van to get the aircon regassed a couple of months ago. Passed the nitrogen test, so they filled it. Aircon worked lovely for a few days. Tried to use it when this heatwave nonsense started, blowing nothing but ambient temp air at me. Take a day off work to take it back to the garage...
  8. VirtualAdept

    Colour film

    I disagree. I've developed the stuff at home (its a bit more of a ballache but not the worst), and even now I send it away, get the smallest scans and rescan the ones you really like. There's also the fact you wouldn't just fire through 36 shots like you would on a digital as each shot has a...
  9. VirtualAdept

    101 ways to ruin a roll of film

    This snow type stuff retro80srb67004 by Madison S, on Flickr
  10. VirtualAdept

    101 ways to ruin a roll of film

    Shoot a roll of retro 80 after its use by date - cue to rollei rabies
  11. VirtualAdept

    Show us yer film shots then!

    Remember this post about the failure of my DIY TLR? Like a glutton for punishment, I tried again, this time with added tape in one particular spot. kentmerr400diytlr008 by Madison S, on Flickr kentmerr400diytlr003 by Madison S, on Flickr I'm actually really pleased with how they came out...
  12. VirtualAdept

    A big film scanner thread

    Vuescans a cracking bit of software, but I've had nothing but issues with it (which I am fully prepared to accept are my own fault) and I really struggle to get a decent image out of it. Epson scan, for the most part, is just easier and more reliable (for me). Something to be aware of with...
  13. VirtualAdept

    Cheapest place to get film developing chemicals?

    I'm quietly grateful I also need fixer and print developer and film, it puts it over the free shipping threshold on a few sites
  14. VirtualAdept

    Film Problems and their causes

    I'm not really sure I understand. The light would reach from one edge of the film to the other, so outside of the frame itself. While you could be right about the darkslide, it'd still mean there's a leak as its supposed to still be light tight when the darkslide is removed
  15. VirtualAdept

    Film Problems and their causes

    straight edge like that suggests a light leak of one of your new seals I think. This is the leak I got using one of those plastic DIY TLR's DIYTLR-kentmere400-510pyro_ 3 by Madison S, on Flickr
Back
Top