Recent content by welshwizard645

  1. welshwizard645

    London Kew Gardens

    Hope you managed to get in with no problems, I've gone in with my Nikon 500/4 with no problems, and you will have found a number of other photographers with 'professional' looking gear. Let us know how you got on....if they are starting to enforce this ridiculous policy I might want to review...
  2. welshwizard645

    Flash advice

    Make sure it is the Mk2. The Mk1 wasn't bad but it is the 'trombone' style (push-pull to zoom), I think £739 is too much for a Mk1 but a good price for the Mk2. Get the Mk2.
  3. welshwizard645

    Is it time now to sort out young drivers

    When I learned to drive in 1985/6 it was in a 45PS Nova, practising in a 45PS Fiat Uno or 26PS 2CV6....when I needed my own car to get around I was limited to 45PS (Metro) as that's all I could afford insurance wise. Most people who passed then were in the same boat, no lease schemes which...
  4. welshwizard645

    Flash advice

    The pop up flash is one of the first things to break on any camera and it's the weak point in the pentaprism housing too. If you are intending on keeping the 600d then my lens suggestion would be a 2nd hand EF100-400 Mk2. OH sold hers when she got her R6 to buy the RF100-500, couldn't get on...
  5. welshwizard645

    WCMUT....what cheered me up today

    Ayinger Festmarzen - 4 for the price of 3 - Sainsbury's Nectar Prices and they have Hofbrau Oktoberfestbier too.....
  6. welshwizard645

    Moving away from an elderly relative

    You do need to do what's best for you, even if you do feel guilty being 1.25 hours away... I am 4 hours, which limits how often I can go.... going to see my Mum involves staying over. Yet a lot of people in her age group see their offspring less frequently than she does, and they live closer....
  7. welshwizard645

    WCMUT....what cheered me up today

    Driving down the M40 this evening I nearly crashed my beautiful Saab..... Pulled past a BMW SUV with the registration BAR 131E.... expecting Margot Robbie or someone of that calibre in there.... Suffice to say I was revolted by what I saw.
  8. welshwizard645

    AO snaps up camera seller Jessops

    Were there only 7 Jessops remaining? wow! I was surprised still to see the one in Kingston upon Thames still going, considering the local competition (Wex Putney, Teddington, Chiswick etc)
  9. welshwizard645

    The Valoi Easy 35 v2 camera scanning system

    Same, but looking at the 120 system for the negs and slides from my M645 system....
  10. welshwizard645

    100-400 zoom lens for Canon 600d

    Extender in Canon-talk.. Pentax and Nikon call them teleconverters
  11. welshwizard645

    100-400 zoom lens for Canon 600d

    but it works well with the TCs....which is not something that can be said of the 55-250.
  12. welshwizard645

    100-400 zoom lens for Canon 600d

    There's a nice 70-200 f4 (non-IS) L lens in the classifieds....optically superb lens, OH sold hers years ago just to scratch the 2.8 itch.
  13. welshwizard645

    100-400 zoom lens for Canon 600d

    I am not sure that the 55-250 will be compatible with a TC, not to mention that you lose AF capability at f8 with that camera.
  14. welshwizard645

    What makes you keep a camera long term?

    RESPECT!!!:notworthy: My first purchase was a CP7m, great camera but not suited to slides. Could only afford that as I couldn't afford a Pentax P50 or a Canon T70 at the time, this was in 1987... When I got a Pentax Z-10 in 1992, followed by a Z-20 in 1993/4 I sold the Chinon to an...
  15. welshwizard645

    What makes you keep a camera long term?

    My Pentax Z-1p I bought 31 years ago, and M645 Pro SV I bought in 1997. Both still get used..... I did get an MZ-S which was a beautiful camera but chose to keep the Z-1p as my film use decreased.... The K-1 I bought in 2016 is a keeper, such a joy to use. I couldn't get on with the D810...
Back
Top