£/Euro exchange Rate

Edit My Images
No
I see that the Euro is now 1.43 to £ sterling

stuff over here in France, (Europe) is now looking cheap when measured in £s

Just looked at a new mid spec LHD Skoda Yeti, diesel 110bhp with all the extras that you would need for Euros 20,000, (£14,300) ...... in the UK same car in RHD starts at £20k list, so maybe £17k to £18k with a 10% to 15% discount

M&S standard rate (usually one of the best on the high street) is 1.39, with their card holders rate being 1.4015. Not hugely different from the 1.43 quoted above but over 15 grand, it adds up! Add in any little extras so beloved of banks (non sterling charge etc.) and it becomes even less attractive. And it'll still be a Skoda!

M&S standard rate (usually one of the best on the high street) is 1.39, with their card holders rate being 1.4015. Not hugely different from the 1.43 quoted above but over 15 grand, it adds up! Add in any little extras so beloved of banks (non sterling charge etc.) and it becomes even less attractive. And it'll still be a Skoda!

have a look at the price of Nikon stuff in Germany ....... that is what I was eluding to

Yeah euros are becoming great value.

That skoda for that price is amazing !

Yeah euros are becoming great value.

That skoda for that price is amazing !

It is the Diesel SE spec, in the UK - Ambition over here ...... list is Euros 25,000 - they are discounting by 20% ...... I got almost that when I bought mine new 4 years ago

I have a 4 x 4 140bhp Ambient - it has been and is a very good car - basically VW and Audi parts with a build quality equal to any in the VW Group

Last edited:
What does the Citroen C3 Diesels come out at over there just out of interest?

What does the Citroen C3 Diesels come out at over there just out of interest?

Search this site

http://www.lacentrale.fr ........ look at 10kms car which are new but a few months old - list by KM croissant

they are cheaper in Spain ..... we live not too far from the border and quite a few French guys buy new in Spain

used cars are generally more expensive in France

then there is this guy

http://www.glinche-automobiles.com

who sometimes has some good deals - Northern France

http://www.glinche-automobiles.com/vehicule-de-tourisme/mandataire-citroen/c3-neuve-occasion-28/

click on a model and you will see the discount - it is a bit confusing as he shows two prices - the list and his, the discounted price

Last edited:
Yeah my brother work in Switzerland but lives in France. He's doing rather nicely at the moment.

i always wonder why placed like m&s always quote the cost of euros as "euros per pound" rather than the actual cost of a euro.

70p per euro is much easier to understand than 1.43 euros per pound. When you are buying fuel they do not sell it as "0.86 litres per pound"!

i always wonder why placed like m&s always quote the cost of euros as "euros per pound" rather than the actual cost of a euro.

70p per euro is much easier to understand than 1.43 euros per pound. When you are buying fuel they do not sell it as "0.86 litres per pound"!
Maybe its because most people changing money for holidays etc, go in with a budget in sterling, not aiming for a particular value of euros. So it's "this is what you get for your sterling" rather "than this is how much it'll cost you for x amount of euros".

Or maybe psychologically people prefer bigger=better.

Or maybe it's just historical convention.

Last edited:
It is the Diesel SE spec, in the UK - Ambition over here ...... list is Euros 25,000 - they are discounting by 20% ...... I got almost that when I bought mine new 4 years ago

I have a 4 x 4 140bhp Ambient - it has been and is a very good car - basically VW and Audi parts with a build quality equal to any in the VW Group
Is it truly like for like? I've found that French spec cars are not very well specced compared to Dutch and English ones. People tend to go for quite basic models. Anyway just my observation.

Is it truly like for like? I've found that French spec cars are not very well specced compared to Dutch and English ones. People tend to go for quite basic models. Anyway just my observation.

Yes it is - I am quite a Yeti fan and have compared specs .........

Cool, I don't mind them but for some daft out of date views I am pretty certain I will be served divorce papers if I got one.

Cool, I don't mind them but for some daft out of date views I am pretty certain I will be served divorce papers if I got one.
So what colour are you getting? :D

So what colour are you getting? :D
Well good point, now I've seen the City massage parlour in Sheffield :) £50 per week would save me a lot of money.

But ahem, hell no well get something else.

Our currency is GBP.
It's always been GBP 1 = whatever.
Working it out ain't rocket science (unless you're a Scottish highers student, apparently! ).
Long may it continue. :)

I always see it as £1 = so many Euros ........ but I do live in France

Back