Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
And I bloody missed it :(

http://www.canonmastercardpromotion.com/

Mind you I didn't pay for it on my mastercard, but if I had known about this promotion I would have done...

Why have I not heard a sniff of this before?
Surely it would be in the press, on vendors websites (like WareHouseExpress) etc.

Yet I've never heard of this cashback promotion running.....
Something smells fishy for some reason.
Not that it matters now I suppose, as it's ended (last date for posting your claim was the 30th October).

Has anyone else heard of this? Or could it be some elaborate con?

Regards

Edit : Seems it's live, so go to the above URL and change the country to the UK.
If you purchase your camera between 1st October and 31st December, and pay for it on a Mastercard, then you can apply for £100 cashback.

And if anyone is thinking of buying one anyway, but won't be taking advantage of the offer due to not having a Mastercard, you just let me know :D

I don't see how the offer is closed....

To apply follow these 6 simple instructions:

1. Purchase an EOS 350D with your MasterCard between 1st of October - 31st of December 2005....snip

So you can buy until the end of December but the offer is now closed, I think you have made a mistake somewhere Marcel?

On the point of not seeing it anywhere, I am sure that I have seen this promotion is several places, and IIRC one of them was Jacobs in Manchester. I also don't think this offer is specific to mastercard, it just the €100 cashback that Canon are offering rebadged to look like mastercard are giving you something as well. I could be wrong on that point though.

Actually checking the full tems and conditions, it states...

.. The promotion period is 1 October 2005 to 31 December 2005. The camera must have been bought in this period to be eligible for the Cash Back. Last postmark date accepted will be 31 January 2006. And no entries arriving on or after 15 February 2006 will be accepted.

So this promotion is still valid.

I bought mine on mastercard but back in July! Oh well, consider that extra €100 the cost of the hands on training... lol

I've seen the cashback deal for the 20D, and if you remember when, you, Ian and I were in Manchester thats what we saw at Jacobs...but I've never seen the 350D.

Seems they can't even get the dates right themselves. I noticed the mention of a discrepancy just before I went to bed last night.

From the FAQ
Q. How do I apply for my cash back?

A. 1. Purchase an EOS 350D between 01.06.2005 and 30.09.2005 and pay with your MasterCard.

From further down the FAQ
A. The promotion period is 1st June 2005 to 30th September 2005. The camera must have been bought in this period to be eligible for the Cash Back. Last postmark date accepted will be 31 October 2005. And no entries arriving on or after 15 November 2005 will be accepted.

From the Terms and Conditions
# The promotion period is 1 June 2005 to 30 September 2005. The camera must have been bought in this period to be eligible for the Cash Back. Last postmark date accepted will be 31 October 2005. And no entries arriving on or after 15 November 2005 will be accepted.

Ahh I've just noticed that if you change the country to the UK, *then* check the Terms and Conditions, then the dates change to October to December. Looking at the "blind" T&C's (without checking the country), it seems they're the Belgium ones (4. This offer is applicable in Belgium, but also open to other EU countries).

OK, I'll change my moan...Why didn't I hear about the Belgium offer before? Gits.

See and you thought that UK always got ripped off more than other countries, it seems that the Belgiums are even worse off :LOL:

Hmm, so does this apply to me or not?!?!?!

Bought mine the 27/07/05 on a Mastercard in a EU country.

To be honest, I don't think so. If you bought it in July (same day as me I think actually), on a Mastercard, then you would be applying for the €100 cashback via the Belgium offer, because of the clause that includes other EU countries.

If you buy it today, you apply for the £100 cashback via the UK offer.

I think.

So, does that mean I can get the €100? I shall have a check of the T&Cs rather than expecting you to provide advice!

Hmm, although it sounds like it should apply I think I'd be hardpressed to get this one past them.

Oh well.

It costs nothing to ring and ask...the worst that can happen is you are told no, on the other hand they may just say yes, especially if you force the customer goodwill side of things ;)

Im just gutted I paid for mine on my Visa and not my Mastercard...if I had known :grrrr:

Seems like a good deal to be had from Currys if you also have an Egg Money Mastercard.

Web exclusive price on Currys with the EOS 350D kit is £560.95. (I think this kit includes the lens).

So that's -£40 from Currys discount (code: CURRYS40) over £500 = £520.95
-10% (£52) from Egg Money = £468.95
-£100 Mastercard cashback = £368.95!?

Is that a bargain?

Seems like a good deal to be had from Currys if you also have an Egg Money Mastercard.

Web exclusive price on Currys with the EOS 350D kit is £560.95. (I think this kit includes the lens).

Is that a bargain?

buy a couple Then flog them on fleebay for £500 a piece :woot:

this thread just reminded me I haven't claimed the £70 cash back on the 17-40, cheers Marcel :thumb:

After two weeks, my 350D has finally arrived! :O :D

My first SLR! Yayy!

kamion said:
After two weeks, my 350D has finally arrived! :O :D

My first SLR! Yayy!

Cool, it's a timed served tradition that you post some of your first pictures for us all to look at..it doesn't matter about the quality or subject matter but it HAS to be done :thumb:

Steve said:
Cool, it's a timed served tradition that you post some of your first pictures for us all to look at..it doesn't matter about the quality or subject matter but it HAS to be done :thumb:

LoL. If you say so! Here's a couple test shots in my office just to make sure the thing actually works! ;)

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

LoL. Yes, I don't know why he's keeping all the empty bottles. I think he plans to bring them home to put in his plastic recycling bin.

kamion said:

Is that a bargain?

Also another code for 5% off at currys is NHS247 :thumb: ...although I am sure it can't be used with others .

Will do a bit of investigation on EBAY tonight for prices, but from quick check I can see myself buying a few of these ;)

The Mastercard promotion is only limited to one per name per address or something. Go read their terms and conditions before buying multiple cameras! ;)

Good point....maybe use my Egg Visa & get 5% back on 2nd one...still good value ;). Noticed you also get 2% cashback on Mastercard for Egg.

Just had my application for Money card accepted online....just hope card comes out in time. Think I'll spend the profit on a nice 85mm f1.8 from onestop :banana:

PANTS !!!! Egg card came through this morning , went to order & .....SOLD OUT !!!! AAAGGHHHHHH :banghead: :hissyfit: ;)

kamion said:

Is that a bargain?

Yes, sold out it seems. :(

http://www.currys.co.uk/product.php?sku=605693

There's a new voucher for £60 off £600 order.

£20 off orders over £200 - use code 'XMAS20'
£40 off orders over £400 - use code 'XMAS40'
£60 off orders over £600 - use code 'XMAS60'
£80 off orders over £800 - use code 'XMAS80'
£100 off orders over £1000 - use code 'XMAS100'

These vouchers expire on 20th December 2005.

Anyone know of any cash back deals on the 5D???

SammyC said:
How do you find these out Kamion?

*wink* I have my resources. :D

Back