£1000

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
looking for a new dslr for around £1000. fancy nikon d90. thoughts please! thanks in advance:cool:

nikon preferred with good alround lens. mostly landscape and model work

will this be your first dslr?

That's a lot to spend on a first SLR! I would probably recommend the D90 kit and NO extra lenses at the moment. Find your groove with the stock lens first. If you feel like going another brand then the Sony A700s are ridiculously cheap at the moment, but also in ridiculously short supply! I got mine for 450 quid the other day and that was the last one in East Anglia and they're around about equivalent to the D90 and for this reason represent absolutely fantastic value for money. You can also pick up some awesome Minolta glass for pretty good prices. I got my 28mm Minolta Prime for 80 quid which is fantastic for most things (landscapes, portraits, everything except stuff whcih requires zooming :p). The A700's replacement is being announced soon however so wait for that if you want. At the moment the closest is the A500 which is pretty similar to the A700 in specs but it has the added bonus of live view but also loses the weather proof magnesium body :(

But yeah, as the A700s are in such short supply, I'd recommend the D90. It's an awesome camera.

thanks for all the advice. this is my first dslr and have just moved up from 35film. i will be shooting landscapes, wildlife and a few portraits. i love nikon stuff as my last camera was a nikon. thanks all once again for your input.

A new D200 with a kit lens might be a better choice if your coming from film.

More of a substantial camera, better built than the D90 as well.

D200 (400sh), sigma 70-200 2.8 (400ish sh) and tamron 17-50 2.8 (250 new) gives you really great performance and glass for just pushing your budget :D

Drop Kerso on the forum an email...

Good range of cameras at very competitive prices...

I just got a Canon 50d and a 70-200l f4 from him...

One stop digital are also good price wise...just ordered my Tamron 17-55 f2.8 from them...although they are in HK...

Hope this helps...

STEVIER

Back