£150 Camera

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
A friend has asked me to advise him on the best camera he could get for around the £150 mark.

Compact or bridge cameras, and needs to be new.

Cheers

Used Canon 20D + new 18-55 is. This is what we sorted out for a friend about 2 years ago - so should be cheaper now. She has a quite number of pictures accepted by Getty and various Salons so this combination can give decent results.

Used 20d and 18-55 IS for £150? Please let us all know where!

eBay. 20D's sell for around £100 and new 18 - 55 IS sell for around £60.

However, as the OP has asked for compact or bridge camera and has also stated must be new, the suggestion of a used 20D couldn't be much more wrong if it tried :)

One of the older Panasonic bridge cameras in the FZ range,they are great starter cameras which give you a lot of manual control. I'm thinking of selling my FZ20, so watch the classifieds (a lot less than £150)

MPB have used 350D for £129 and I'm sure if you give them a call you could find something with a lens for not much more than the £150 budget. Or as others have said, have a look on ebay for some bargains on there but I think your likely to get some sort of warranty with MPB as they have a very good reputation on here and I've bought and sold to them in the past so I can recommend them too.

Guess I am the only one who spotted the "Compact or bridge cameras, and needs to be new" requirement :)

Guess I am the only one who spotted the "Compact or bridge cameras, and needs to be new" requirement :)

I think you are, I certainly didn't! Still I would prefer the 20D.

Back