£200ish secondhand buy

Edit My Images
Yes
I know there is alot of different topics on this but with the speed that models are updated I thought i'd add another. :)

A mate of mine is gonna be selling his Canon 400D body in January and he's looking for £180-200.

Now considering this is secondhand with no warranty is this a good buy or should I look out for any other more capable models that go for a similar price secondhand?

Cheers in advance

I know there is alot of different topics on this but with the speed that models are updated I thought i'd add another. :)

A mate of mine is gonna be selling his Canon 400D body in January and he's looking for £180-200.

Now considering this is secondhand with no warranty is this a good buy or should I look out for any other more capable models that go for a similar price secondhand?

Cheers in advance

the canon 400D is a very good camera,and the price sounds about right for one in very good condition with about a few thousand shutter actuations.but i would suggest you try out other cameras to see what one you like best for feel,menu's etc...you won't go far wrong with any DSLR from the canon,nikon,pentax,sony,olympus range.also,the price he wants is only just below what i believe you can get a new 400D for now as they've been superceeded by the 450D.

do your research before purchasing is my advice (y)

Really?? I had a quick search and there was one secondhand camera on amazon going for £250

but yeah as you said i'm trying to do research on the camera's in my budget,

my problem is as a point-and-shoot user DSLR's still confuse me with the extra things they can do so i'm struggling to decide whats a good thing to pay extra for :shrug:

Really?? I had a quick search and there was one secondhand camera on amazon going for £250

but yeah as you said i'm trying to do research on the camera's in my budget,

my problem is as a point-and-shoot user DSLR's still confuse me with the extra things they can do so i'm struggling to decide whats a good thing to pay extra for :shrug:

i'm sure boots were doing the 400D for a little over £200 a week or so back,plus there are other makes like sony where you can get the A200 for about £225 with a £30 cashback up until the end of this year...nikon D40 is also quite cheap.....

don't worry about the jump from P&S to DSLR,as there's plenty of help available on here as and when you need it,as well as countless books and magazines to guide you...

I would venture the secondhand price for a 400d body & 18-55mm kit lens now is in the range of £150-£200, the higher price based on pristine condition etc - much as already said. In the summer a good low usage one would fetch around £225-£275, but with 2 newer models now available the value has plummeted. Sainsbury were supposdly selling them new for £200 a couple of weeks ago or so.

btw, add on an extra £50 if it comes with a battery grip. Grips were especially a popular extra with this camera to compensate for its smallness.

The price is about right.

I have been keeping an eye on them as I will be looking to offload mine soonish. The Sainsbury offer was very short lived and there seemed to be very few people who got one. So probably not the best measure. But I certainly wouldn't pay more than £200 for one.

Back