£240 to spend

Name
mat
Edit My Images
Yes
tomorrow i will have £240 to spend but dont know what to get

i want a lens but not sure what one, i would like a portrait lens and also a lens i could use for weddings so any got any ideas

going to order it tomorrow what ever i get

mat

what other lenses do you have? If you have a standard lens equivelent to 24 70 and a nice zoom such as a 70-200 then you have yourself covered. A fast 50mm (1.4) is a good back up for low light, although I admit I never used mine much. A macro lens that can double up as a portrait lens may be the way to go for ring shots.

50mm 1.4 on a crop camera is brilliant for portraits.
So is the 60mm but that is an EFS lens

what other lenses do you have? If you have a standard lens equivelent to 24 70 and a nice zoom such as a 70-200 then you have yourself covered. A fast 50mm (1.4) is a good back up for low light, although I admit I never used mine much. A macro lens that can double up as a portrait lens may be the way to go for ring shots.

what macro lens for portraits would you suggest

Well I'm not sure about Sony's range and the crop factor. I am using FF and have a siggy 105mm macro and took a few pics of my son with it which were very accepticle images IQ wise. The lens was noisy to focus, but I am use to Canon L glass ;), I found it a good macro lens and could still pull off a few snaps of my son on a recent mushroom hunt in the woods. I say recent, but that was last fall.

I read in a mag (so it must be true!) that the Tamron 90mm macro is good on a Sony; I had it on Nikon and it was great. Getting it within budget might be difficult though :(

Back