£300 to spend

Name
martin
Edit My Images
Yes
i have a nikon d5000 with kit lens. Tamron 70 - 300. Nikon 18 - 105. lenses plus bags and a black rapid rs4. I have £300 or maybe a bit more to spend. I have been locking at flashes and lenses now not sure what would be better. a sb 700 or something cheeper and a 35mm 1.8.
Any suggestions. I shoot mainly out and about. but thinking about indoor set up too
thanks Martin

I highly recommend the 35 AFS 1.8, it does suffer from a little chromatic aberration at times but has hardly been off my camera since I got it.

I got a YN465 flash from FITP on here with an off camera flash kit and it's great for a beginner to practise with before spending lots on a more advanced model.

If you can go through a cashback site to gain a little extra back on the purchase amount.

How do you find the tamron 70-300 as I recently picked it up but not had a chance to use it properly yet?

Last edited:
For the price of a new SB700 you could have a secondhand SB600 and a secondhand 35mm f/1.8, so you'd get the best of both :)

thanks folks.. looked at second hand stuff but weary of no warranty.
i find the tamron good in use, but shooting hand held at 300 end is often a challenge. had some good shots with it. i mainly use the 18-105 since getting it.wish i had gotten the 18-200 but price out of my range then.

i was looking at sb700 with it having the commander mode. then i could add other flash later(cheaper ones)

any other suggestions for a lens to get as flash or 35mm is not set in stone?
cheers martin

well had a look around and thought about remarks. i have ordered a nikon sb-600 new (was watching some on ebay and they are going at moment only £30 short of new) will get a 35mm 1.8 too . best of both worlds then and if i want to use off camera i can always get sb700 later and keep the sb600 too

am i better of getting a cable or radio trigger to use the sb-600 off camera at moment.

thanks for advice
martin

Back