£50 pound for 7 full res photographs

Name
Francesca Morrison
Edit My Images
Yes
Woman emailed me about buying photos, I offered her the 7 she wanted on a disk as I dont think the photographer at the show got any. I offered her £50 for all of them and she didn't even reply and it's been a week. Is that to much?

If you think there worth £50 then no. There your pictures and only you can value them what you want to sell.

I noticed people expect photos for next to nothing. One pub owner in Clevedon asked me for prints of the pier I took that night. When I told him the large canvas print will be over £100 I have never heard from him. And a couple bands even managed to steal some of my photos by deception!

Woman emailed me about buying photos, I offered her the 7 she wanted on a disk as I dont think the photographer at the show got any. I offered her £50 for all of them and she didn't even reply and it's been a week. Is that to much?

around here they are a least a tenner a print "on site" ( 7x5) and some even charge more I believe after the "event"
£50 for 7 on a disk seem fair enough especially if you were the only one with "anything"

depends on your point of view... if the customer isnt buying because of the price then yes it is too much... obviously... but from the photographers point of view its a fair price..

we paid £70 I think for one full res image on CD from our wedding :O

I don't see £50 for 7 as being that bad.

Hi

Images on a disc in my mind should be more than the print cost. What would you sell 7 prints for? Double it.

stew

It depends on lots of factors TBH.

£50 might not seem that much, but what's it's real value to the customer? I think that's the question that is likely to define whether or not you'll get the sale.

Photography is fantastic, but sales is a big grey area. Prices and packages differ so much, there is no general expactation like with other things. For example, if you need a new pair of glasses, for lower end of the range designer glasses for one pair, no matter where you go, you're going to expact to pay £100-£150ish inc lenses, and with those you'll be able to see more clearly for around 2 years if you're an average person.

Photography prices change from company to company. One person may offer a mighty good deal for £70, a few prints, sitting fee etc etc. Another might not even entertain a person whose budget is less than £100.

I'd like to think that it wasn't so complicated but it is. Then people get worked up with sitting fees and all that - from the customers point of view, put it into an example...

£100 sitting fee then £10 per 10x8
The cutomer, in their eyes, is paying £100 but they don't get anything from it unless they pay more. Which is why the packages of £x for sitting and y amount of prints work.

...sorry for rambling on...

I don't think that's too expensive at all, in fact for full size digital files I think that's very cheap.

Now it may not be relevant but I have found that people will buy from my site via paypal no problem, but when they don't have/use paypal and contact me on how to pay via cheque, they never get back to me and make an order.

I think given time to think about it many people just change their mind and don't bother getting the photos.

depends on your point of view... if the customer isnt buying because of the price then yes it is too much... obviously... but from the photographers point of view its a fair price..

^^^ True.

If you look at the whole thing from the client's point of view, maybe they only want two or three and would be happy to pay £20 for them. I often used to buy prints of my lad kart racing off the local pro - he'd show me ten and I'd pick two or three. It often had as much to do with how much cash I'd got in my pocket as anything else.

It's maybe more of a broader sales marketing issue than simply price. Know your customers - simple key to commercial success. You should be asking her, not us, but a week is not a long time at all for busy people.

Back