£500 ish budget for a cricket (little bit of wildlife) lens

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
As above in the tiltle i am looking to get something for next season to take photo's for my clubs website as i have been doing this year using a 75-300 usm 3

The photo's i have taken with the 75-300 and have been 'ok' but i want something little longer and maybe a little bit better image wise so as to decrease any cropping i may have to do

I've thought of the Sigma 120-400 and the sigma 50/150/170-500 range as second hand they would be around my price range and realistically without divorce proceedings i can't stretch as far as the 100-400mm or 400mm canon's.:thumbsdown:

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Simon

Long lenses are expensive, some of the grounds I have shot 300mm is long enough others 600 is just about enough (300mm with a 2x) but most of the time I will use the 300 with the 1.4x on there. not really any help regarding what to buy as I decided to get the 300 f/2.8 IS mk1 and the TC's for flexability. not a cheap option but it works for me.

Hi

I did some cricket with a Canon 300mm F4 lens and got some great shots, you maybe able to pick up a mkI within your budget

I've done a fair bit of cricket with a Sigma 50-500, have gad pretty good results. You're not going to get the quality and depth of field of the 300mm f2.8 + TC but that's why they cost the big bucks. With your budget, you should be able to pick up a decent 2nd hand Sigma.

Back