£5000

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
I have just got £5000 from an investment:love:

looking for pro lenses.. portrait and sport mostly......suggestions really welcome:cool:

also studio stuff required...where to buy?

thanks in advance:D

what body is the glass being bolted to?

Yes we like playing this game ;)

But we need to know what kit you have now and what you will be keeping/getting rid of or if you are starting from scratch. You could spend that on one lens if you wanted :)

I know what I would buy for ME.

have d80 which will become backup and i am looking aat d200 or d300 for main body but would like to get lenses asa priority!!!!

24-70 f2.8 VR and 70-200 f2.8 VR

have d80 which will become backup and i am looking aat d200 or d300 for main body but would like to get lenses asa priority!!!!

D300s
24-70 f2.8
70-200 f2.8
50 f1.4
SB900
tripod
odds and ends

Give stuart at digital depot a bell (he is one of TP's advertisers) always gives me a good deal.

My D300 and 70-200 VR could be yours for £5k? :nuts:

Has to be a D700 imo, bolt on 24-70, 70-200 and a sb900. 50mm 1.4 for portraits... still leaves approx. £500 for anything else you fancy?

before we go shopping crazy, did you have a studio:body/lens ratio in mind

or intentions with the studio kit (strobism might be a win with multiple guns and a comander vs studio kit)

Must be really nice...

I would leave my wife.......... for about 2-3 weeks...

Depending on the sport, you could need something like a 400mm f2.8 - Bang goes your budget!

I'm just here to congratulate you on your sound investment really :)

Although I did buy a second hand Canon 100-400mm L a few weeks ago and its awesome but obviously no use for you hehe.

Have a great few days sorting out what you're gonna get and be sure to let us know what you got, lucky bugger ;)

I've got a Canon 5D Mark 3 that you can have for £5k.

It says Mk II on the body, but that's because Canon asked me to keep it a secret!

I've got a Canon 5D Mark 3 that you can have for £5k.

It says Mk II on the body, but that's because Canon asked me to keep it a secret!

You got one too? They said I was the only one!!

:LOL:

Have to agree with the above. Get these two lens and run with them for a few months. You'll see whether or not you'll want any primes or teleconverters after a while. Stick the rest of the cash away until you decide whether you want the D700 or the D3 to go with these lenses.

Secondhand D3, 24-70, 70-200, £3900, a week away with the missus, job done!

Am I missing something.My 24-70 does not have VR.I didn,t realise Nikon made one.Is there much difference in price compared to the one I have?

You maybe don't want to hear this ;) but if lenses are your thing, Canon have more choice and spec for spec they are usually cheaper.

As one other has posted ...

D300s
24-70/2.8
70-200/2.8 VR1
50/1.4
1 x SB-900 (for the portraits), you could probably find a good use for two!
Monopod (for sports) - for portraits if you wanna get creative may be a tripod, wireless remote release.
Good bag
1 x 16Gb CF card, 1 x 16GB SDHC card
Decent UV filters, to protect the lens more than anything.

You can get the lenses and body (pick the VR1 up used as everyone seems to tbe selling the VR11 now) for about £4k. That leaves you with plenty of cash for the flashes, cards etc.

As others have advised. Spend the rest on your other half ;)

Cheers

Bruce

You maybe don't want to hear this ;) but if lenses are your thing, Canon have more choice and spec for spec they are usually cheaper.

McDonalds has a larger menu than The Ivy, and is cheaper too. I know where'd I'd rather eat.
smirk.gif

Back