£550 500d or notttt

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I thought long and hard about buying a Nikon D90 but didn't really like the price tag... After a couple of months I purchased my misses a 1000d with kit lens.

So now I'm sticking with Canon so we can share lenses. Opinions on what £550 MAX can buy? Need to have a lens included no bodies only please. I was thinking 500d with kit lens and build my way up from there.

I love taking photos of:
nature
motor-sport
Stand still cars

If that helps?

I wouldn't pay £550 for the "old" 500D Model. I'm pretty sure you can get a 40D in good condition for this amount of cash.

Depends which one feels comfortable to use

Despite all the spurious claims there would be no noticeable difference in image quality and pros/cons for either camera

I much prefer the lighter 500D for handling so best go and see what suits you, Canon 50D is nigh on the same size/shape/weight as the 40D for testing purposes

if you dont mind buying from the bay from japan this seems like a steal!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-EOS-KIS...Cameras_DigitalCameras_JN&hash=item1c12c4b379

Thanks for all the replies, got the 1000d just now and really want to get another one myself so want one soonish.

The one from Ebay will I get charged custom and export fees? Also what about warranties? Is it worth the hassle and has anyone ever bought from Japan on Ebay?

I can't see what the big difference is between the 500D and the 50D. The price range just doesn't justify the more frames per second and the lack of video which I wouldn't even use anyway lol.

I can't see the 40D being better than the 50D (which isn't much better then the 500D) but I'll check now. thanks everyone :)

Believe me when I say the 40d is a brilliant camera I upgraded to a 50d and in some ways prefer the 40d.

Believe me when I say the 40d is a brilliant camera I upgraded to a 50d and in some ways prefer the 40d.

Can someone care to explain why? I'm not being arrogant here or anything I just can't see why, I compared the two and the 500D has better stats on nearly everything apart from FPS and a few others...:thinking:

Many people prefer the 40D because of the build quality and ease of accessing certain functions and no doubt the FPS too

Many people prefer the 40D because of the build quality and ease of accessing certain functions and no doubt the FPS too

Ohhhh ok I understand now. The FPS would help me, would the FPS on the 500D be enough though for what I need? I don't think I'd be able to go for a higher older model.

Heart is set on a 500D but will be looking at 50D today at Jessops to handle them both.

I love my 50D, but in hindsight the 40D would have been tempting. The only real advantage is live view on the 50D. I use ISO3200 quite a bit but opinions vary on that.

Can someone care to explain why? I'm not being arrogant here or anything I just can't see why, I compared the two and the 500D has better stats on nearly everything apart from FPS and a few others...:thinking:

Build you have to try one to see why
0ne plastic and one metal

Back