£rd Party Battery for Canon 70D

• Thread starter Deleted member 59779
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 59779

Looking to purchase a spare battery for my Canon 70D and was wondering what 3rd party ones other owners have purchased and what is the battery life like on these.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, Ex-Pro make excellent 3rd party batteries. Although not for a Canon, I have used them for Sony, Nikon and my phone. They last as long if not longer than OEM in my experience.

HTH's.
David.

i bought some duracell compatible batteries for my eos600d from Amazon which are easily better than the oem battery.

Thank you all for comments on batteries. Much appreciated. Will wait and see if any more people come forward before making a decision. In my canon 500D as a spare I used a blumax and although it didn't last as long as the original shot wise. It never disappointed me. I am steered towards Hahnel at the moment though. That also give me the flexibility if I decided I wanted a grip (not that I think that I will).

I got some random eBay ones which work fine - the camera gives an 'unrecognised battery' message when you first install them, which you simply click past, and then they work exactly as the Canon ones. Cost £15 for two IIRC.

Back