10,000 and counting

Edit My Images
Yes
Just passed the 10,000 shot mark on my 30D in just under a year, here's to the next 10,000 and maybe, just maybe, get some decent ones this time :LOL:

Mike.

My D80 did in excess of 200k shots!

Bless it ..... :naughty:

I've deleted it :D but I do know it was one of a sequence of shots of this little lady .... I only deleted it 'cos it was a duplicate of the same shot.

295714829_4ju9k-L.jpg

Mike.

lol i got my cam 2 months ago and have taken 13,000 already!!
but then i shoot a lot of sports

You need to get out more :p ........ oh you do ;)

There will be callouses on your trigger finger at that rate :eek:

Mike.

Im on 8448 with my D300 and I got up to about 27,000 with my D40X before I sold it. So about 35,000 in a year isn't too bad. :)

Im on 8448 with my D300 and I got up to about 27,000 with my D40X before I sold it. So about 35,000 in a year isn't too bad. :)

Jeezo, were any of them any good? :LOL:

Mike.

i thought mine was bad at 6200ish lol

need to get out more lol, starting at Knockhill on Sunday

Jeezo, were any of them any good? :LOL:

Mike.

Well ive exported 540 in to my 'portfolio' folder which are the ones ive uploaded to my website and deviantart so I must have decided they had some artistic merit. A lot of the 35k will be nearly duplicates and shots from events like the horse riding where I took 1100 shots in a couple of hours, but hardly any of those find their way into my portfolio even though they served their purpose of fulfilling the job spec.

I know this probably sounds really dumb and I apologise in advance but how do you tell how many shutter actuations you have made? Canon EOS40D.
Thanks
Pete

Well, if you've had it from new it repeats the numbering sequence every 10K shots as a rough guide. I've just gone over 11K on my 40D in 9 months, put over 50K on my 300D in 3 years.

I must try harder with my new 5d - i only have 2500 frames on the 18 month old 30d i now need to offload !

I've got 3500 on the MkIII, in just under two weeks :LOL:

I'm just touching 8k on my 400D and i've had it since December '06, and i thought i was whoring it up, snapping away.

200k shots, jesus wept.

2800 in eight hours at todays wedding :D

2800 in eight hours at todays wedding :D

Strewth...... that's a slo-mo video.

To think that I used to make wedding money with 5 rolls of 120 on a S2A Bronnie and 2 rolls of 35mm on a Nikon FE! ...... a massive total of 132 shots! Youth of today have no respect for shutters :crying:

Best of luck on the post-processing! :eek:

I normally shoot around... 2000 per 4 hour wedding event.
1 full day... about 3500 images
over 4 days, about 10,000 images
and have shot catwalk, 6,000 in two hours.
Canon 1dmkII already passed 300k mark, replaced shutter, serviced twice. and still going strong
canon 1d mkIIn touching 200 k in two years.. not bad..
looking to buy 1dmkIII...
anyone with good offer?
ciao
swani

Hate to think what you two would be like with a machine-gun...... out of ammunition in three minutes :LOL:

How on earth do you find the time to post process that amount of shots?

Yeah that's alot even for a wedding :D

I'v had my 40D about 4 months ish and it's at 14,000.

It'll take me around 10-12 hours to process that wedding - 4 hours to cull all the unwanted shots and tweak the rest during C1 raw processing, then around 8 hours to photoshop each of the remaining 500 or so shots. I'll lose a few more at that stage and end up showing the client around 400.

In PS I have setup many actions and scripts over the years to speed up the process. The majority of photos take only a few seconds each. Getting it right in camera is key.

Duncan

Kinell, some of these figures are astounding.

Back