1000d or 450d?

DinoS

Hmmmmm.......Paste!
Edit My Images
Yes
as title,

whats the main differences, which one would you get?

Thanks

Mark

450D - next question!! :D

Seriously, if you've got the cash now, have a look at the deals bit of the forum - a 450d from Boots for less than £300, you couldn't get anywhere near that price for a 1000D

get the best you can afford i would say. are you intending on buying anything else near-term (lenses, flash etc)?

Here's a side-by-side comparison of them both! The main things you get with the 450D are an extra 2MP, extra 0.5fps, a bigger memory buffer, and a bigger screen. As said before, get whatever you can afford, you don't want to have to upgrade in a few months time!

Chris

its also important to note that if you shoot in raw the 1000d only does 1.5fps!

450D - next question!! :D

Seriously, if you've got the cash now, have a look at the deals bit of the forum - a 450d from Boots for less than £300, you couldn't get anywhere near that price for a 1000D

You can get a 1000D with the kit lens for £300 now :)

I realise the same advice may apply, but I didn't know whether it differed due to my requirements or not. And my big question is, do digital SLR's come down much usually after xmas?

I'm after advice on my first (D)SLR.

There are 3 deals I'm considering, all Jessops offers.

1. Approx £282 with instore & canon discounts >1000D with std lens<

2. Approx £374 with instore & canon discounts >450D with std lens<

3. Approx £462 with instore & canon discounts >450D with 2 x Lens<
This is the std lens kit, but also with a Tamron 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 lens which they have on offer for £90 when bought with an DSLR.

The kind of photography I like at the moment is landscapes and architectural, as well as a few holiday snaps of friends and family. However, I also fancy trying to take some pictures at the ice hockey games I go to, for which I think the kit with the telephoto lens would be good, and the extra 0.5 shot per second, would that make THAT much difference, the chap in the shop seemed to think so when dealing with sports? I've only got a Canon Ixus 75 at the moment, and this would be my first SLR, I don't anticipate that I would be upgrading again anytime soon. Would the 1000D still meet my needs? I know there is a bit of difference in the items price that I'm looking at. I'm wondering whether to extend what I was thinking of spending a bit to get the 2 lens offer?

But then the big thing that is nagging in the back of my head is the fact that xmas is coming up, so afterwards, do DSLR's tend to get reduced much in the sales? If we're only talking about £50ish reduction rather than anything major, then I might aswel buy now and take the Canon cashback offer anyways, which expires in the new year anyways.
>Canon cash back offer<

Thanks,
David

Also, where is the 'deals' section?

450D is better camera.

Tamron 70-300 isn't the best, try and get Sigma 70-300 APO instead.

Prices may come down before christmas, but I think if you go in before christmas the sales will be on early. Take cash and haggle. Don't be tempted by discounted bags or cards both of which Jessops is expensive for.

450D is better camera.

Tamron 70-300 isn't the best, try and get Sigma 70-300 APO instead.

Prices may come down before christmas, but I think if you go in before christmas the sales will be on early. Take cash and haggle. Don't be tempted by discounted bags or cards both of which Jessops is expensive for.

The only reason I'm considering that Tamron lens is because it's available for £90 (instead of £200) when bought with the camera. I know it's not the best and doesn't have anti-shake (apparently it's a regular lens, not a digital), but I'm on a budget. If I had to buy one totally separate I don't think I'd be able to afford much, especially if I extended to the 450D.

candlestick said:
450D - next question!!

You can get a 1000D with the kit lens for £300 now :)

At 'normal' prices the 1000d is 300 - 30 cashback
450d is 425 - 50 cashback

But boots have a special deal on at the moment- about 225 for the 1000d after cashback and about 305 for the 450d. :) details in the deals section. (bit complicated got to pay with paypal and stuff...)

I still can't decide which to buy (and my paypal doesn't work)

hockeynut said:
And my big question is, do digital SLR's come down much usually after xmas?

I'm also wondering what people think the sales will offer? Better than the boots deal?

Charlie

Having been resigned to the 1000D this Boots offer is really getting me going... go for a 450D at 1000D prices or pocket a saving on the 1000D? Can someone please just confirm both deals include the lens as previous posters in the deals section seem unsure of this.

The only reason I'm considering that Tamron lens is because it's available for £90 (instead of £200) when bought with the camera. I know it's not the best and doesn't have anti-shake (apparently it's a regular lens, not a digital), but I'm on a budget. If I had to buy one totally separate I don't think I'd be able to afford much, especially if I extended to the 450D.

The Tamron has been a cheap lens for years. The RRP may be £ 200 but its discounted heavily and the street price is about £ 120.

The Sigma 70-300 APO (not the DG Macro version) can be bought for about £ 140 and is a better lens.

Digital lenses are not always anti-shake.

EDIT: Found it now: >Link - using a paypal code< People on there confirming it does come with the lens, this one.

I've had a look around, but can't find the offer. Can anyone provide a link to this Boots deal? Is it on this website, or Boots photo website, or...

Thanks,

David

Damn damn damn -

Boots
Canon 450D Digital SLR Camera
: Sorry we are now out of stock of this product

However, it does say "Stock coming soon". Hopefully before the offer ends on 15th

Back