100mm Filter set for Landscapes

Edit My Images
No
I would like to put together a set of filters for landscape and seascape work.

I reckon a polarizer, a 6-10 stop ND, and a 2-stop grad would make a capable starter set - and perhaps as much as I need. Are resin filters preferred because they are shatter resistant, or do glass win on image quality?

Would anyone like to make any recommendations?

Glass over resin. of the top brands only Lee Filters make resin filters, a lot of people use them but IMO there are now better options but people have invested in Lee and dont want to change. Yes other brands make an entry level resin filter but Hitech Firecrest, Kase, Breakthrough, Nisi all are glass based. Resin scratches a lot easier than glass does. I have Kase 100mm filters and have dropped one and while im not about to replicate the tests they show of using it like a frisbee, it survived. The magnetic polariser makes taking it on an off very user friendly.

That said their magnetic system looks excellent and I am toying with any additional or damaged filters being of this type.

That looks like a good combination to start with. Some people spend a huge amount of dosh on every single filter under the sun and then probably don't use half of them! the only addition i would suggest is a one stop hard grad. it's probably underused but I have found that it gives great, natural looking skies in combination with a polariser.

Can't offer any recommendations as to brand, I'm afraid. I just have a couple of Lee grads, several Marumi screw-on polarisers and a screw-on ND filter ( can't remember the make). I don't use a filter holder.

Back