11th Challenge for the days ahead - have a look....

Cycle Speedway

sport.jpg

Mark

ohhhh, some great shots already and Dave, that's definately thinking outside the box :clap:

Keep them coming guys, you have until Sunday evening. Not sure what time I shall return from Greenwich meet, but will be looking forward to judging them whe I get back (y)

Hmmm, I don't really do sports so i could not really think of what to choose, so in the end I've gone for a mixture of sports :LOL: enjoy, I did (y)

sportsmixtures.jpg

Can I just set my camera to SPORT mode and just shoot the nearest thing :shrug:
Well it is raining out there :D

Oh - what the heck... might as well have a go...

Old Wooly-Legs is back on the bike...

Don't Look Down!

Hey - it's as Sporty as I get these Days :LOL:

Nice shot mark is it at Rivy

Some great entries guys N gals

LOL Ed I thought of doing sports mixtures, hope youve saved me one I love them I mentioned them in post #2

LOL Ed I thought of doing sports mixtures, hope youve saved me one I love them I mentioned them in post #2

Missed that, I wouldn't have bothered if I'd seen it, I thought I was being clever :LOL:

sorry guys, i've had a really busy week and i'm not going to get a chance this afternoon:(

some good entries though(y)

My entries this week are based around night fishing:

1. Setting up...
IMG_8502.jpg

2. De-hooking a Skate...
IMG_8530.jpg

3. Look, I got myself a Dog fish!
IMG_85331.jpg

Phew, fortunately, the quick glance I had last night before hitting the sack and my thoughts then still stand this morning. I would like to have seen more entries, but those we have got are interesting, imaginative and varied, which is the whole point of course. So well done those that did enter, impressive :clap:

:3rd: - Just Dave with his Boxers - I told him theink outside the box, and he certainly did :clap:

3414707948_38e16febfd_o.jpg

:2nd: - for the absolute simplicity, sharpness, exposure and composition, it has to go to Jennyb and her golf ball and I don't even like golf! :clap:

Img_4409b.jpg

:1st: However the winner, for a great shot from a set of good shots, has to go to Hepburn. It may not be technically the best picture, but what appeals to me is the dedication to the sport he has captured. Again, I can see no attraction to fishing, but I can appreciate being out there at night, with a torch and getting on with it, like photographers, in the name of what you enjoy and Heppers has captured that in one small pool of light. :clap:

IMG_8502.jpg

Well done all, personally I loved the 2nd one, I've seen similar before (as I am a golfer albeit not very good) but perfectly executed example by Jennyb.

Well done Hepburn what's next on the agenda?

Well done, Hepburn. I would never have thought of taking sporting photos at night. Dave, I already mentioned that I liked yours.

Thanks for my second place, Yv.

Oh dear, Ed - glad you liked it but I thought I was being relatively unique! I am not a golfer but have tried it. It is a bit too slow for me.

Jenny

Thanks Yvonne (y) you did say think outside the boxers didnt you :D Thats what you got a pair of boxers outside :LOL: :LOL:

Congrats Hepburn :clap: Looking forward to your choice Hepburn (y)

Well done Jenny :clap:

Well done everyone else (y)

Thanks Yvonne and everyone for your kind comments. I have no love of fishing either, but when a friend invited me to tag along, and with the full(ish) moon and mild weather, I thought why not... :) Technically, it was a very challenging night because a mist descended, followed by a mild fog, the temperature fluctuations caused no end of condensation issues, and have you ever tried using a tripod at the end of a very long wooden pier at high tide? Those under currents cause more movement than you'd think! Add to that the lack of anything to bounce a flash off and you perhaps get the picture... :LOL:

And so to the next challenge... I have had an idea brewing for a while should I have won a challenge, and now I have I best get on and post it... :LOL:

and here's where you can find the 12th challenge: http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=1454947#post1454947

Yep, next choice is Hepburns, looking forwrd to being able to take part again (y)

oh, I do want to give an honourable mention to The Big Yin for something a bit different and to Ed for eating all those sweeties :D

I'll gladly take a honourable mention in this company :)

I completely forgot about this :shake: so sorry everyone

And well done to everyone, some fabulous shots (y)

Back