127 film

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I am hoping to get my Kodak vest pocket camera cleaned and usable before xmas, but it needs 127 film.

I know its hard to get but does anyone know of a decent supplier? also, is it something you can develop yourself or would it be better to get a lab to do it?

Anyone know what kind of costs are involved in using 127 ?

Efke 100ISO 127 B&W film here - it's straight B&W film, so should be simple enough to develop at home.

thanks, I am correct in thinking that its 12 frames per roll?

And do you know if the film supports the Autographic feature of being able to write on the film?

And does anyone here use it? any links to photos taken with it?

Last edited:
The current issue of Amateur Photographer has an article about Kodak VPKs, which suggested the Autographic film was different from standard 127 and more expensive at the time.

yeah, it's that article that made me decide to get the VPK tidied up, its in an bad state at the moment, but for a camera that's 100 years old it could be worse :D

A couple of months ago I asked Peak Imaging how much if they could do 127 developing and how much it would cost for develop and contact. They emailed back saying that it would cost the same amount as getting 120 developed plus the standard cost for a contact print. It may also be worth paying a couple of pounds more for a clip test as well.

http://www.peak-imaging.com/htmls/film_processing.htm

Its better to get 127 images contact printed as a lot of the time the cameras lenses are not of high enough quality for good prints and at the time most images were contact printed anyway.

Back