16 more from Barry Island

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Popped out a few days ago to reshoot Barry Island. I think I'm addicted to shooting either Barry or spaces where there is a documentary narrative.

These all Pentax K1 and either DFA 24-70mm or DA* 60-250mm

1. Space
Barry Island by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

2. Watching From The Rough

3. Enjoy Your Pizza

4. Viewpoint

5. The Day After

6. Mimic

7. Capture The Flag

8. Swim Between The Flags

9. Battle Has Commenced

10. Following In Her Footsteps

11. No Loading For A Stroppy Joe

12. Family Fun

13. Up, Up And ....

14. Buy Your Tokens Here

15. Top Prize

16. Vegas Strip

Nice. I think you captured the atmosphere of the seaside.

I was recently got routed through the industrial end of Cardiff on satnav and there was a huge industrial recycling place (I think on Rover Way) that I thought would make good pictures.

Nice. I think you captured the atmosphere of the seaside.

I was recently got routed through the industrial end of Cardiff on satnav and there was a huge industrial recycling place (I think on Rover Way) that I thought would make good pictures.

Thanks Andrew! Capturing the atmosphere of the space is what I set out to do so I must be onto a winner. I've added these to the other images I've taken of Barry Island on previous location scouts and put them onto my website as a personal project.

Yeah, Rover Way, there is a small but prolific travelling community caravan park located very close to there that has always put me off photographing there as back in the day I used to live not to far away and the nuisance they caused! Not uncommon to see several burn out cars on the road verges just outside their housing park but that could be a coincidence?! The steel works is amazing to look at and at times driving past I wish you could take a snap shot of what you're seeing as theres image to be had there but you have to close the windows and set the car to recirculate the cabin air as you near it as the place stinks so bad of burning metal and the like

It was the steel works I think. I noticed the dust and wondered if they might stop making it on a Sunday. Thanks for the warning about leaving the car there.

Back