17-40L Good choice?

Great choice. Can't fault mine.

i have comparision shots between the Canon 17-40L and sigma 10-20 plus i have some shots from a sigma 17-70 if they are any help?

Dave

Ive ordered :) hope it's here for the weekend.
Dcash - be interesting to see your comparison shots - cheers:)

The 17-40 is a lovely lens, breaks my heart to take it off the body :)

I looked at the 16-35 and heard of the issues, the MkII was well over double the price of the 17-40 at the time though.

I have the 17-40 and 17-85 efs lens. Last night I used the efs lens and thought it stood up well to the 17-40. Only problem I have is the 17-40 only works on 1.6 crop bodies and not my 1.3 crop, so I still need the 17-40.

My 17-40L is on the camera 90% of the time I would never leave home without it, it a brilliant walk about lens on a crop body & when i need that little extra reach i switch to my 28-135mm which is pretty decent aswell.

I just paid for a 17-40mm. About to fork out for a 24-70 f2.8 now to go with the 5D I am about to get :) And I can't aford beans anymore so the wife says I will have to eat paper for the next few months.

Wow! It's totally silent, smooth as and I can't believe how fast it focuses. Have to get out tommorow to test it properly :)

Back