17-85 bummer

antonroland

Inspector Gadget
Name
Anton
Edit My Images
Yes
So I have had a spec of dust behind the front element of said lens for a while but noticed the other day that they multiplied...:bang::bonk:

Phoned the service guys and they told me it can be opened and serviced at the equivalent of 80-100 quid.

Only question is how long before they get in again:p

Anyone here had a similar problem?

I had a bash on the thread of my 16-35 which stopped me fitting filters easily so sent it for repair. It cost about £80 but lens came back like new with the little bit of play that this lens had completely gone so considered the repair worthwhile even though i had to go to the MTB World Champs without it! :(

(y)

Does t affect your images or just your mind Anton?

I had a bash on the thread of my 16-35 which stopped me fitting filters easily so sent it for repair. It cost about £80 but lens came back like new with the little bit of play that this lens had completely gone so considered the repair worthwhile even though i had to go to the MTB World Champs without it! :(

(y)

Bummer Gary,

Glad to hear it all ended well though - better than new you say?(y)(y)

Does t affect your images or just your mind Anton?

:LOL:

No effect on images purely the mind:bang::bonk::D

I like having my stuff squeaky clean all the time and those specs irritate the living .......... out of me:D

Will now definitely sell it or retire it once cleaned up and start buying the primes I have been planning lately.

The want has just become an absolute must have priority;):D

ROFL - with shooting speedway stuff during the summer it's a good job I don't mind a bit of dust! The only lens I possess that DOESN'T have dust specs in it is the 12-24mm, and that's only because it never goes near a speedway track! :LOL:

Back