18% Grey Walls behind PC?

Name
Sam Nesbitt
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure if this is the right section or not but if the mods need to move it - go ahead!

The Mrs and I have just got long term use of an office to run our business out of from a client who was rather pleased with the last job we did.

Now, we're free to do whatever we want to it, as long as we can return it to the state it is now. To this end, a little decorating is in order. I remember reading an article about a photographer that said the wall behind his PC screen was 18% Grey, or it may have been the wall behind - anyone got any thoughts on this? Is there even any point?

Can't see the point myself - unless you're going to black out the room and light the 18% grey wall so it's 18% of the screen brightness :shrug:

Can't see the point myself - unless you're going to black out the room and light the 18% grey wall so it's 18% of the screen brightness :shrug:

I suspected as much. If I was a Pro with top end calibrated monitors and working in a situation where accurate colour reproduction was mission critical then it might be worth it, but not for me!

As long as you avoid strong colours you'll be fine (y)

Back