18th century cottages in Kent

Name
Gerry
Edit My Images
Yes
house1.jpg

Thought you might like to see two 18th century cottages in the village where I live. Could not get in closer as they are walled and gated but both are occupied.

That's a really nice scene (y) but you've not really shot at the best time of the day for the scene, as the sun was behind the cottages, this could have been a good candidate for a little bit of HDR to keep some of the detail in the sky (y)

Welcome to TP :wave:

Matt
MWHCVT

Agree with matt. I know this will sound harsh, but if I was an estate agent selling this property, I,d probably be looking for a better pic...Sorry!

I can only add some ideas to what Matt says... You have a garden path you could use as a lead in to the door, maybe use this from a lower POV, in portrait format. Looks on-the-huh, so maybe straighten a little. And as Matt has pointed out, shoot it again when the light is more in your favour..

Tnaks for critique which is what I want.
There were difficulties. It was foggy most of the day and just clearing when I took the shot.I believe it was in East Anglia too. I had verry little manouvre because of a wall with just a small gap.I'll have another go when the sun comes out.It's still foggy.

I thought a bit of rotation needed too but in reality it's the wonky windows maikly make you think that!
I wonder what you think of this crop losing the glarey sky and some of the less interesting bit on the left.

9073976house1.jpg

If you ever re-shoot this one,I'd say aim a little higher to capture the full quirkiness of the roofline/chimneys,all adds to the character of the place imo

Think you've lost the focus in the last one though

Back