18x12 Print storage

Name
Igor
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, after reading some threads about printing here I decided to have a go, I had never gone beyond a4 so I tried an 18x12 last week and fell completely in love with it :love: I'm going to try one size bigger every time to see where my limits are but I intend to regularly print one at 18x12 and keep it in a portfolio case or box, this is where I'm having some trouble, I cant seem to find anything this size, surely its a common enough size I would be able to find anything but no :bonk: A3 wont be big enough I think and A2 will be too big, has anyone got any suggestion? I was thinking of going A2 and keep them in sleeves but them they would be a bit loose and really awkward to deal with :shake: Should I go with a case(book type) or loose sleeves in a box? This is just for personal use btw.

Thanks, and Happy New Year (y)

I did say it was for personal use but I was thinking a bit more than just that, thank you anyway

No one knows of a place I could get a portfolio box or case to fit 12x18s in?

for storage there is no better place than the box they come in TBH. the paper slipes into a bag and the box is a perfect size. why spend money on something you don't need.

Maybe its my own fault for using "storage" but I do mean I want to be able to show it as well, thats why I thought of a portfolio-type case or box..

And that brings us to the problem mentioned on the 1st post, I cant find any this size, thats what I wanted help with.

Have a look at hobby shops. Hobby Craft used to do artists portfolio cases. Larger than A3 but not huge. I also got a couple from one of the discount book shops you see around. They were at the back with artists materials

He's looking for a case to hold 18x12 prints, that's smaller than A2 iirc and the product linked to goes from A4 to A0.

A2 is 23.5 x 16.5 inches approx, it's not that much bigger. I use the mapac case for my 18x12's without a problem.

I suppose, ... , if you put it that way. I always see it as being twice the volume! (as opposed to 5 inches by 4 inches wider!)

By the time the print is mounted on a board, you're glad of a bit of free space in the sleeve, especially if you have 2 prints per sleeve.

:)

I looked at the super A3 one in the link, but it didn't have removable sleeves so getting prints in and out of the portfolio and adding more prints is difficult.

The normal ring binder type also allows sleeves of smaller sizes to be inserted, I have A2, A3 and A4 in mine :)

Also, as a side note......the MAPAC range is available at your local Ryman stationary store.

I will pop down to a Ryman and have a look at what they offer, I found this so I contacted them asking for exact size of the A3+ and they are 12.5 x 17.25" so I'm a bit short on the long side :(
If I dont find anything I'll have to go A3 route but then I'll have to start cropping photos to the right ratio and I really didnt want to go that way.

Last edited:
Back