19 Sqn Hawk T2 - LFA 7 - 11th Dec

Edit My Images
Yes
I spent Friday back in the hills with only 19 Sqn Hawks keeping me company. The rest of the UK fogged in and the Welsh micro-climate served up a cold windy day with spells of great winter light.

Only the one shot as the others I done at 900x wide.

The other shots and some text as usual on my site....

http://www.fast-air.co.uk/Mach-Loop-LFA-7-Photography-091211.htm

RAF-Hawk-T2-ZK030-19-Sqn-1-800x.jpg

Love it, fantastic light! :clap:

Was it taken from Corris Corner?

Cheers,

Think Mark is right, looks more like Bwlch Exit...?

Very nice Gord :clap: I find it really difficult to photograph the black aircraft :crying:

Al

Thanks guys, yup it's the Bwlch exit. I spent the morning on the Bwlch and headed to the exit for the last hour and a half after the valley was covered in shade.

The Hawks had been turning the other way out of the valley for the pretty much the entire day so didn't expect to get a top side until this fella turned up. Turned the right way, kept it low and hit the light. The shot is literally the last frame I shot. Last shot of 2009, not a bad way to end it!

Very nice Gord :clap: I find it really difficult to photograph the black aircraft :crying:

Al

You do pretty well with the Tonkas though! :LOL:

Welsh micro climate....It's usually the other way around:D

Great shot.

There is something special about being on the loop mid winter. When the light is right is cannot be beaten.

Indeed! The weather usually works against me, was nice to have it the other way around.

I've always wanted to shoot low level in the snow but not managed it yet.

Now that's impressive

cracking image (y)

A nice shot. I spent the day (11-12) on cad west, ive posted a few of my shots on here. A very challenging day, very cold and very windy, well done for sticking it out.(y) Such a shame more A/C didnt come through with the light as good as it was late on.

Hi Gord,

Cracking shot to end the year on well captured (y)

Glen.

Back