1930 Ford Model A at a classic car show

Name
Stewart
Edit My Images
Yes
When we were on holiday in California recently, we stumbled by accident into some sort of classic car show in the Main Street at Mount Shasta.

This was the first time I've really tried taking photos of a car show. It was a bit frustrating trying to find good angles - too much clutter in the background, and I gave up on a lot of shots simply because there were so many people milling around - and I was surprised how difficult the exposure is to get right. But I think I got a few half-decent ones.

Here's one I've played with in Photoshop. What do you think? Comments and critique would be very welcome.

Before
213119898-L.jpg

After
213164223-L.jpg

1st on works fine. 2nd I don't like dunno why.

Thanks everyone.

Would #2 look better if I put more work into the "ground area" - add some shadows, etc?

I was just frustrated with #1 (and all the other photos I took at the show) because it was so difficult to achieve a "clean" composition - there was always something cluttering up the background.

Hope you don't mind but I had a play and cloned the chair and flag and a shadow out :)

I think your first shot is far better than the second one.
Ooh. Great idea. I'd got so hung up about the fact that the white car is there, that I'd overlooked the possibility of making a relatively big improvement by cleaning up some of the more obvious intrusions. I'll have to look at the other shots I took of the show to see whether there are opportunities to do more little tweaks like this.

Thanks very much!

Back