Critique 1990 Skoda Rapid

Name
Kenton
Edit My Images
Yes
Yesterday saw the Skoda Owners Club GB hold their annual 'SkodaFest' at Stanford Hall. A good turn out of cars during the day, including this 1990 Skoda Rapid 136 which has undergone a conversion to an earlier, late '70's Estelle front and rear conversion, wings, lights, grille, chrome bumpers and rear panel. The owner, who is a young Polish lad, and a friend of mine, asked me if I could take a few photos of it for him, and this was 1 of my favourites.

Skoda Rapid 136 by KJR Photographic, on Flickr

All comments and critique on this 1 welcome.

looks good, apart from the rope looks like its attatched to the front of the car

Colour and contrast is nice, have to agree about the rope

Also not too keen on the OOF foreground, bit distracting and maybe crop some of the greenery out to just leave the gravel.

I love the way it is - I like the composition, I like the low angle, the DOF that takes from foreground into the image, the light is great on the car, I love the sky is not blown out (you can see traces of lightening/erasing a bit though that need worked on), colours contrast is good. If I would need to edit it myself I'd remove the poles, the string, under the car the pole and pole on the right. Just make it clean. I wouldn't crop it tbh at all!

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments. This was my first shoot, and a bit impromptu, just a quick look at location, and fire away. I'm not used to the editing part of it all yet, but like having a play, most editing was done in Camera Raw, followed by a slight tweak in PS CC. I may have a re-edit and clone out the poles etc and see how it looks.

Back