1D MkII N Bargain???

That's a tough one, he seems to have been selling 350d's cheaply for a while and getting positives. The only payment methods he accepts are ones that give you no protection though :(

I says 'Show' so presumably they've just been unpacked for display and demo at a show somewhere.

rofl, would that be in blue below the item picture perhaps CT?

Steep said:
That's a tough one, he seems to have been selling 350d's cheaply for a while and getting positives. The only payment methods he accepts are ones that give you no protection though :(

But seeing as Paypal take 6% of the sale as commission you can understand why he/she is unwilling to accept that on a 2 grand sale x 3 cameras

evilowl said:
But seeing as Paypal take 6% of the sale as commission you can understand why he/she is unwilling to accept that on a 2 grand sale x 3 cameras

Not to mention eBays cut too !?! :cautious:

Though he can hardly avoid that ... can he ?

I'd expect him to build the 6% into his asking price for paypal payment and offer a discount for cash.

But that's not the point, is he or is he not genuine and thusly his prices also to boot?

he sold one to a chap/woman called whistlerdan a few items down the page, contact them and ask how then went on.

Apparently there is a Canon Ebay outlet offering refurbs.

I'm seriously trying to wangle a 1d MKII or MKII(N)

Does anyone have a link to this outlet, or any other refurb outlet?
I'm very wary of parting with this type of cash on ebay to a private seller given all the scams/dodgy deals of late.

I must admit the 1D MkII N get my vote after seeing one in action at a horse event recently.

I was stood next to the nice photog lady waiting for a friend to arrive at the jump, chatting away to her when a rider appeared. Eight frames a second and a very mechanical shutter sound! Sound like a flippin' machine gun going off! :D

Canon has this one in their outlet.

CLICKY

reserve isn’t met yet, but its still only £1321 at the m, so maybe bid for the
amount the other one is up for and see if you get it. Least you know it’s a reputable seller

Lumpster I swapped your long url for a clicky version, it was playing havoc with the thread formatting. :)

That £1600 one was a 1D mkII without the 'n' . Is there a site somewhere that explains these model numbers and has the dates they came on the market etc. ? Until yesterday Amazon had the same camera for £1500... now its discontinued of course. Google cache copy of page

Yes... I've been thinking about a upgrade lately too. Spot metering got me started :)

Robert, the 1D MK2 came on the market in Jan. 04, increasing the pixel count from 4mp(ish) in the original 1D, to 8.2.

The 'N' version (1D Mark 2N) was launched late last year.

This review on Steve's Digicam Reviews will no doubt answer a lot of your questions about the differences with the 'N' version.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/1dm2n_pg7.html

RobertP said:
That £1600 one was a 1D mkII without the 'n' .

On the canon outlet the price for the non-N has recently varied between £1550 and £1650. The N models have been going for between £1900 and £2100.

There are some who say the Jpeg quality of the N is better than the original model, some also say there were autofocus issues with the original which were fixed with the new model. All I can say is I'm delighted with the non-N I managed to pick up on here :)

IMHO the 1dmkII N is not worth the money, especially when there are many non-N's about still and at considerably lower prices than the N. i got a 1dmkII [non-N] from ebay (canon outlet) a while back and consider it to be worth every penny, it is virtually, if not completely, brand new/minty fresh/unmarked etc. (or was before I got my sweaty mits on it! :p ).
its quite amazingly beyond anything I've ever had and I know it'll last for some time. images are fantastic, helped in no small part by some good g'L'ass I've got up front and cracking AF. I think I was lucky cause I've not seen one go for as cheap since or before mine. I had tried a 350D from a mate and bought a 20D around xmas time but took it back after a couple of weeks cause I hated it, the 1d is in a different league althogether...I also use a 1N (35mm) so the 1d's controls feel more natural to me.
I did consider the 5d, um'd and ah'd over what to get (was looking at the 'N' at the time but couldn't justify the price - who can?!!) but then couldn't resist placing a bid when this popped up. if more appear its worth having a go if you're considering this sort of camera, seriously...

Back