1DMkIII limitations

Photodiva

Foot elevated on the stool
Name
Carol
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm really pleased with the 1D and pleasantly surprised with the images I'm capturing. However, under floodlights I'm realising its iso limitation of 6400. This is straight out of the camera, just cropped and resized. There were loads where the focus missed, and since we suffered a loss, not as much action where I was as I would have liked.

3V9Y2034.jpg

I'm seriously considering using the 50D under floodlights if only for the higher iso. Is it just me, with a short memory since last season, or is it just plain difficult? Can I squeeze more out of the 1D?

Just noticed Sgt Bilkos thread in t'other forum. Hey ho. Any advice appreciated, though.

Last edited:
its difficult but usable.. i used iso 6400 on the mkIII ..i wont say no problem and only when desperate.. but certainly usable

6400_2.jpg

6400_3.jpg

6400_4.jpg

6400_5.jpg

Last edited:
Carol
I've used 6400 lots of times both indoors and out and although not great as Kipax says usable. Key is to try and fill the frame as much as possible but remember on the mk3 6400 (H) is not a "true" setting its an "in camera setting" same as ISO 50 (L). As with any piece of equipment you must use it "within its limitations" in your case I would have dropped the shutterspeed to enable a lower ISO.

Back