1Ds Mk II compatible with SDHC SD cards?

antonroland

Inspector Gadget
Name
Anton
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all:wave:

Please advise, yay or nay.

Will they work or not?:shrug:

Thanks(y)

Thanks GB(y)

Will investigate that.

While on this type of topic, If you record to sd and cf simultaneously, I thought it would not make sense to have similar sized cards if you recorded, say RAW to cf and jpeg to sd...

what is a practical ratio of card sizes...1 to 4 O.K.?

BTW

What is the biggest card you use and have you ever had card failures?

I have a 4GB SDHC and 8GB CF and never had a problem. I've always paid a bit extra for Sandisks and plan to stay that way as they've been great. Run the same setup in both cameras...

I have a 4GB SDHC and 8GB CF and never had a problem. I've always paid a bit extra for Sandisks and plan to stay that way as they've been great. Run the same setup in both cameras...

Same combination in my 1Ds MKII

Thanks GB(y)

While on this type of topic, If you record to sd and cf simultaneously, I thought it would not make sense to have similar sized cards if you recorded, say RAW to cf and jpeg to sd...

As long as the SD card has sufficient capacity for the jpegs then the exact size doesn't really matter. It's better to have to much than to little.
Look at the size of your RAW files and compare them to similar JPEG's. That'll give you the idea of the card ratio you need. I'm. with Grumpybadger I use the SHDC card on my 1Ds as a back up.

Yes I have had one card failure. Not with a Lexar or Sandisks that's why I always have recovery software to hand. It managed to recover 90% of the images

Thanks for all the feedback folks.

I have sort of decided already not to go with cards bigger than 4Gb as this makes life easy to burn back up discs.

Now the issue of file types to different card types confuses me a bit in the practical sense...

Maybe the sd as backup is what I should also do...

Thanks GB(y)

Will investigate that.

You cant record jpeg to one card and raw to the other at the same time with a 1dsmk2 but you can with a 1dmk2N.:bonk:

You cant record jpeg to one card and raw to the other at the same time with a 1dsmk2 but you can with a 1dmk2N.:bonk:

Right you are...less to worry about and problem solved then(y)

Big CF and nice size SD for backup and change-overs...

Back