1st attempt with new lens. Fly

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I got the lens now I have to try to work out how to get the results.
Not the best picture in the world. CCs welcome because I have to improve, I know that.

fly16.JPG

Great shot. I agree with animal, F11 & 1/250 or there abouts with flash. As soon as I started trying this I found it much easier to get the shots. great start though.

:agree:

I think you're getting a little diffraction creeping in and softening it a little by stopping down too far. Anything gained in DOF by stopping down has probably been lost by the diffraction....it's a fine balance sometimes.

Bob

Seems it is suffering from noise too but at iso 200 it should be fine so not sure what you've done to get it that grainy. On a plus side it is composed and focussed well ;)

well then thats not a bad start (y) well focused
imho you need more light in there. it says f20 in the exif, i would go for about f11 @250s and some flash.

Thanks to you 3 for your comments, which I have taken on board. Below are attempts from this morning although a little windy outside. Even I can see some improvement Thank You(y)

hover2.jpg

fly24.jpg

Last edited:
Ah! another Macro apprentice. Great start. The last two snaps are fab.(y)

Last edited:
That second couple are much better. Good stuff (y)

Getting the focus spot on is tricky at the best of times but I think you've nailed all of these. Well done.

Those last two are great shots and well captured :clap: So what's the new lens ?

Steve

Those last two are great shots and well captured :clap: So what's the new lens ?

Steve

according to the EXIF data its a 150mm F2.8G, not sure what make

Yes you were right with the exif data.
It is the Sigma 150mm F2 APO MACRO DG HSM. Seems a good lens so far although only had it about 2 weeks.

Thanks for your comments(y)

Back