1st attempts FITP softbox

cowasaki

TPer Emeritus
Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Well as my studio nears completion I decided to have a play with the light meter etc. I bought a FITP softbox and mounted it on a tripod with the SB800 and a FITP radio receiver sticking the transmitter on the camera then had a play. Only had 15 minutes so went out to the car park next door for some black background shots. I prefer these to the usual white background ones.

This was my first attempt with this equipment and I only had the preview to check with. The only problem I actually had was focus difficulties due to lack of light.

I am quite pleased with these as a first go:

melblack100.jpg

melblack101.jpg

melblack102.jpg

melblack103.jpg

melblack104.jpg

melblack105.jpg

Good stuff, regarding the the focus issues, that is where a modelling light is invaluable.

Next time take a torch to use as a modelling light, shoot in manual and take the reading off the light meter.

Good stuff, regarding the the focus issues, that is where a modelling light is invaluable.

Next time take a torch to use as a modelling light, shoot in manual and take the reading off the light meter.

I was shooting manual with a light meter :) will be using a torch next time!

Nice images - I'd have liked a rim light to provide some subject separation from the background but that's something that can be added over time :) I need to start practicing that again!

Back