1st Ever image posted

samems

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
This is my first ever image posted on these forums!! Used Photomatix to merge some bracketed shots and tweak them. Critique more than welcome

I used bog standard program to resize it down to a size that imageshack could cope with.

Cardiff Castle:

Last edited:
It is a tourist attraction. So many people about. lol

its early in the day, lots of people out, give it a day :) how about doing some processing on it, B&W, some toning and highlight changes, so theres a few of the same shot

That was 3 shots moved into photomatix and that was the one i liked the most and i did tweak it a little.

A nice shot. To me, it just looks a little flat. Maybe just a little fiddling with the settings to try and get some more lift into the castle. Mind you, I am on an old uncalibrated laptop, so maybe it is fine.

Otherwise, well done and I know how big a leap it is to put your first photo up on here.

exactly matt, i do have a question though samens, youve posted nearly 700 times and this is your FIRST pic? How come it took so long ? :(

in the bracketted shots, on the AEB settings, was it just the one "click" on the exposure values, or did you go a few stops (the next WHOLE number on the AEB exposure values?)
The first time i attempted a HDR with bracket shots, i didnt have enough difference between my aeb exposures, it came out flat too. Done a church shot a couple of days ago, increased the difference between each of the exposures and finally hit the nail on the head.

I set it for + - 2 took the shot as a burst.

I didnt want to go 'over the top' with the HDR. Only using Photomatix as a trial at the mo. May decide to buy it.

Back