1st Footie Game With Two Cameras

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Just shot my 1st game today using two bodies. A 300mm 2.8 on a monopod and a 70-200mm slung on my right shoulder using a Q strap.
I found, after a little practice, I could swing the monopod over my left shoulder and grab the other camera quite swiftly. The only real problem I had was knowing when to swap over bodies.
Of course this was done today under favourable weather conditions, and will be more challenging in bad weather.

The question as to when to swap is a good one. The answer is almost always 'just before you did'! I arrived for the last 15 minutes of a game recently, just took in the 70-200, and learned how much more I could be using it if I swapped earlier.

At the Scotland under 18s game today a passing spectator even told me I'd swapped too late, as a Scotland goal went in....

Last edited:
The question as to when to swap is a good one. The answer is almost always 'just before you did'! .

Yep happened to me last Sat. Missed a killer shot because of it & more annoying the shot would have been great with the 300 as well :bang:

Back