1st rugby of the season

Edit My Images
No
Had it all today, rain, wind sunshine, , still enjoyable though. Shoot on 350d with sigma 120-300. waiting to see latest canon offerings before upgrading.
IMG_6288.jpg

IMG_6151.jpg

IMG_6116.jpg

IMG_6292.jpg

IMG_6243.jpg

IMG_6285.jpg

Thanks for viewing

cracking set, how do you like that Sigma?

Yes some very good shots there. Close in on the action with some great facial expressions, and the ball is in view for most shots. The action is sharp and in focus apart from #3, which seems very slightly soft.

The rain and the mud flying adds to the grittiness of the action. I wonder if a mono conversion on the ones where it is raining might work? I'd be tempted to try I think if these were mine.

Thanks for sharing.

cracking set, how do you like that Sigma?

IMHO the sigma is great, good range light enough to hand hold and be mobile if needed but I use a monopod for cricket. Only think i dont like is the lens hood poor fitting from day 1, and cant use lens cover with it attached, you get a good paaded bag with the lens though.

Yes some very good shots there. Close in on the action with some great facial expressions, and the ball is in view for most shots. The action is sharp and in focus apart from #3, which seems very slightly soft.

The rain and the mud flying adds to the grittiness of the action. I wonder if a mono conversion on the ones where it is raining might work? I'd be tempted to try I think if these were mine.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks freester, will try converting some. :)

Really good set of images - some great expressions there and I love the freezing of the rain as well as the action.

Who was playing by the way?

Thanks for the comments, no stands or any shelter. :)

Old Patesians v Thornbury Old Pats comfortably winning 30-05.

Back