1st Self Portrait

Name
Jay
Edit My Images
No
I'm a few weeks into my Camera & Studio Workshop course and i'm finding it very useful so far, we've only just started in the studio because the first two weeks were learning a bit about the camera... But today was great, I learnt the effects of using a Softbox, both Umbrellas and a Snoot which was really helpful.

So I got home and decided to play around with a few different shots. I currently dont own any of the above, so I used the standard diffuser that comes with the SB900 and my home-made Snoot.

Below is my favourite one out of the range I took of myself, a simple crop, desaturate and a little touch of the spot healing brush to neaten up the face a little.

3270609706_d2786c619d_o.jpg

1/16 SB900 90degrees camera left high with home-made Snoot.
Triggered using the D90 flash set as the Commander

I'll post up a couple of the other shots soon, just wanted to find out the opinions on the one I thought was best.

Last edited:
I'm no portrait expert but personally I'd like to see a tiny bit more light on the right side of your face.

a bit underexposed, but i do like the idea you were going for, with the shadow on one side and all.

I like it as it is, although I find the slight shine in your nostril slightly distracting!

Back