1st Shot with new 50mm 1.4 USM

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
My father in law sunning himself in the garden.
This promises to be an excellent buy.

Thanks for viewing.

95463831.jpg

I love this lens.. esp for portraits! Superb portrait!

Nice...but not digging the HDR I'm afraid, rather too noticeably tweaked for me!

Cheers,
James

I like this, but I think I would like it better in B&W, and the 50mm 1.4 is a cracking lens, mine is so sharp you cut yourself on it.

That right there is sharper than a very sharp thing...I wish I could get results like that on my nifty...

I do think it would work better in B&W? Has this been tone mapped?

wow how sharp did you do any pp?

This is a superb shot, and I'm going to join the consensus and ask to see a B&W one, I think that would be superb.

Thanks for comments everyone.
And this image has been nowhere near HDR processing or tone mapping. Sorry James.
Just a bit of colour contrast work and that was that.

I was wanting to see the quality of the lens not some fancy PP.

Camera settings .. ISO 100 1/1600 @ f2.8

I'm going to swim against the tide here and say I prefer it in colour. TBH wrinkly old men (no offence to your father-in-law! ;)) shot in B&W are cliched. I like the fact that this is different, and the warmth in the picture alludes to a warmth in personality.

There's some fringing around his collar which needs correcting and the background looks noisy for ISO so I'd be really interested to see an adjusted shot of this one.

Thanks for comments everyone.
And this image has been nowhere near HDR processing or tone mapping. Sorry James.
Just a bit of colour contrast work and that was that.

I was wanting to see the quality of the lens not some fancy PP.

Camera settings .. ISO 100 1/1600 @ f2.8

Very sharp, I would have thought F2.8 would be quite a small DOF?

G.

Lovely shot, which might be nice in B&W, but equally good in colour for me (y)

Thats a lovely portrait!! Great looking old guy :)

I know it's a 'warts and all' style picture, but I personally find the hair coming out of his nose distracting. Apart from that, brilliant picture!! :)

Back