2-4 day landscape workshop in Feb?

• Thread starter Deleted member 90866
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 90866

Just decided to do a 2/3/4 day landscape course, and it looks like few are available! Either sold out well into the year, or else not starting until later in the year. I've got the itch to take a few days in Feb, and preferably with a small group to bounce ideas around.

Any recommendations/pointers?

(I'm in Cambridge, but would travel- perhaps not as far as Cornwall or Scotland, though.)

As mentioned, just a bit too far. Lakes or Peak or Moors would be fine.

Justin Minns runs workshops in East Anglia (may be too close to home though). Although sold out on his website you could email him as if he has enough people asking he does say he will organise extra ones.
Website here

I thought of Justin Minns too, had considered one of his small group one day workshops (possibly shared with my daughter if she fancied it)
Think it was 240 quid for two people then £300 for three people and so on up to seven
Reasonably local for me living in Cambridgeshire too, might be worth a look

Last edited:
Justin Minns runs workshops in East Anglia
Website here

I thought of Justin Minns too

Thanks for the mention :) I'm afraid all my group workshops over the next few months are fully booked. Not quite what you are looking for but I have some new dates later in the year which still have spaces or if you fancied a 1-2-1 workshop I could arrange one of those for you.

Chris Herring (The UK Landscape) has some availability in late January if Norfolk Broads or coast is somewhere of interest to you. When I was getting into photography I did a workshop with him and my colleagues at the time, he was knowledgeable and well-priced. I also noticed on Instagram Gill Moon is doing a half day workshop in Southwold this Saturday for £35. She's very underrated I think.

Thanks - in the absence of a 2-4 day course, I've booked a course with each (Chris and Gill), for successive Saturdays. No doubt to find just how weatherproof my city clothes are...!

@justinminns - thanks and I will definitely look for another course later in the year. I'm a bit rubbish at booking so far ahead and it looks like you're a busy guy! :)

Thanks - in the absence of a 2-4 day course, I've booked a course with each (Chris and Gill), for successive Saturdays. No doubt to find just how weatherproof my city clothes are...!

@justinminns - thanks and I will definitely look for another course later in the year. I'm a bit rubbish at booking so far ahead and it looks like you're a busy guy! :)

Glad you got something sorted, you won't be disappointed with what you've booked, they're both great photographers

Glad you got sorted...looks like the weather should be dry this weekend at least :cool:

And my new (old) 16-50/2.8 has just arrived this morning, too!

Fingers crossed... :)

I'm in Cambridge, but would travel- perhaps not as far as Cornwall or Scotland, though

West coast of Scotland and Skye are outstanding in Feb, best time of year to go and worth the 2 days travel each way.
Unfortunately I'm not sure I can post links yet as I have a good friend who does workshops up that way

West coast of Scotland and Skye are outstanding in Feb, best time of year to go and worth the 2 days travel each way.
Unfortunately I'm not sure I can post links yet as I have a good friend who does workshops up that way

I’d have suggested October myself for Scotland - the autumn colours and subtle red hues on the moorland is quite something and pretty unique.

The problem with winters here is they’re wet and often low visibility low cloud grey misery. You can get lucky but on the whole it can be bad.

May is the most stable month and I tend to think late May - early June is where my best work from here comes from.

If you are recommending Simon Atkinson - go for it. Never met the dude but his pictures and knowledge of the area is outstanding

I’d have suggested October myself for Scotland - the autumn colours and subtle red hues on the moorland is quite something and pretty unique.

The problem with winters here is they’re wet and often low visibility low cloud grey misery. You can get lucky but on the whole it can be bad.

May is the most stable month and I tend to think late May - early June is where my best work from here comes from.

If you are recommending Simon Atkinson - go for it. Never met the dude but his pictures and knowledge of the area is outstanding

The friend that does workshops from time to time is John Farnan
Autumn colours up there are outstanding but I also love seeing the snow on the mountains and Feb is usually a good bet for that. I will pop a Kodak Ektar 645 shot into the film photography landscape thread taken up the Storr about this time last year

The friend that does workshops from time to time is John Farnan
Autumn colours up there are outstanding but I also love seeing the snow on the mountains and Feb is usually a good bet for that. I will pop a Kodak Ektar 645 shot into the film photography landscape thread taken up the Storr about this time last year

I’ve met him once - on his usual stomping ground down at Glasgow Riverside-he’s got some very impressive shots to his name.

Glad he’s in business :)

Back