2 Attempts at B&W photos

Name
Richard Black
Edit My Images
Yes
Took a few pics when at work today and decided i'd have ago at black and white. If i'm honest i'm un happy with both of them. I just cant put my finger on why though. I hate what i've done with the clouds in the second one, yet its better than nothing.

DSC_5012bw2.jpg

DSC_5050bw2.jpg

Did you add the sky in the second one, would like a go at an edit but you don't have it editing ticked.

Yeh addedm BADLY! you'd like a go at it? What do you mean i didn't tick edit? I'm new here :(

Yeh addedm BADLY! you'd like a go at it? What do you mean i didn't tick edit? I'm new here :(

Sorry :bonk: under my name on the left it has an icon that says edit, It lets others know it's ok to edit and repost any photos I put up. If you want to allow, goto quick links/edit profile and tick 'image editing' at the bottom. :)

ahhh colio! there ya go buddy fire away! is it ok apart from the sky then?

I had a quick go at the second pic :) I'm no expert lol sure others may see the photo different, tried to make it grittier and bring out the roof on the left a bit, couldn't really do anything the clouds, Render clouds always looks kinda flat imo.

Used Photoshop CS2,
Image/adjust shadow/highlight:

Shadow amount 20% tonal 50% radius 35px

Highlight amount 14% tonal 30% radius 35px

Image/adjust brightness/contrast:

Brightness +25 Contrast +10

Image/adjust hue/saturation:

Tick Colorize, Hue 30, Saturation 10 (add a little tone)

Filter Smart Sharpen:

Amount 30%, Radius 1.4px

DSC_5050bw2.jpg

Monochrome is an art in it's self, and from what i have been taught it makes life a little easier to try and visualise what a scene may look like in mono at the time of taking the shot's....

Mannytkd's efforts make a great deal of difference. Opening up the shadows helps and the sepia tone gives a little warmth to an otherwise cold subject.

Nice One(y)

Back